Question removed

Asked by Joe Atria, Westerville, OH Fri Oct 17, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Brittany Sim…, , Columbus, OH
Fri Oct 17, 2008
Joe:

The near east side has been on the upswing for many years now, however it is going really slow. There are many homes in the area that need completely gutted, or are vacant and abandoned.

Clintonville is a good place for homes that were built between 1920-1960. They are quite different than the homes you would see in Old Town East or Victorian Village. There are some larger, brick homes on Oakland Park and North Broadway and streets to the north of North Broadway toward Whetstone Park.

Depending on your price point, there is a nice area adjacent to Victorian Village that is still affordable. (harrison west)

Also, you may try an area such as Grandview for older homes in a nice, safe area. Excellent schools.

Westerville has a nice downtown with older homes and good schools as well.

If you plan to start a family, you will likely want to stay in an area with good schools unless you plan to send your kids to private schools. All downtown areas such as Old Town East, Victorian Village, Harrison West and Clintonville fall into the columbus school district.

You can research different neighborhoods on my website below.

Best of luck with your relocation,

Brittany Simonelli
Revealty
614.940.3067
Beth, Both Buyer And Seller, Montgomery, AL
Thu Oct 23, 2008
The neighborhood is hit or miss. Some streets are literally trashed while the very next street could be awesome, in terms of curb appeal inside details/updated etc. The crime is bad on some streets so so on others. The neighborhood is not quite up and coming. Some of the houses nearer to downtown are are great and the neighborhood is a bit better. Also, there are a handful of halfway houses on Bryden Road-a a main road that runs through Ole Town East.
Todd Orrill, , Pickerington, OH
Fri Oct 17, 2008
Hi Joe, when you visit Columbus and drive around the area you will be able to answer your questions as to "why" the homes are cheaper on the near Eastside. The village areas Victorian, Italian, and German, have undergone a revitiliztion these areas are unique and receive a higher price. If you are looking for older charm and family oriented areas you might consider Clintonville, Worthington, and older parts of Westerville.

Columbus and the suburbs have every type of housing with little commute time any home buyer would want. For a no cost or obligation relocation package with interactive DVD or for information on how to save thousands when you buy your home please visit my website.

Todd Orrill e-PRO
Keller Williams Greater Ohio Realty
Web Reference:  http://ToddOrrill.com
tom roberts, Agent, powell, OH
Fri Oct 17, 2008
Joe you can go to realtor.com let me know if you need more info on comps,neighborhood,schools,you name it.

Thx,

TJ
Web Reference:  http://tjroberts.remax.com
tom roberts, Agent, powell, OH
Fri Oct 17, 2008
Joe,Its location,I want you to look around Clintonville as well,will have the feel your looking for,call my cell when your down here,if you see something where ever I can get us in and go from there.614-537-6920 apreciate you wanting some character,not a problem,I look at the mechanicals,wiring etc..look forward in working with you.I'll be available over the weekend if any questions.

Thx,

TJ