Question removed

Asked by Denis, N.Y. Mon Oct 13, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

2
Courtney Koo…, , Pawleys Island, SC
Tue Oct 14, 2008
Hi Denis~

I am in Marketing for The Litchfield Company Real Estate Sales and stumbled upon your question. I thought I would mention another option you may have in The International Club. We are representing the developer with a new villa complex on the 17th and 18th fairway of The International Club. These are two and 3 bedroom villas with elevators, granite countertops, upgraded appliances and all villas sold in the first building come furnished. They start at $199,000 and in the first building, our developers are offering a $10,000-15,000 early buy credit in addition to the furniture package. We recently sold 11 villas and only have 9 more available in the first building. If you would like more information about the furniture package or details about this community or any other community, you can contact (843) 357-6940 (ask for Olivia or Stevie) or e mail us at realestatesales@thelitchfieldcompany.com.

Thanks Denis and I hope you have a great day!

Courtney Koonce
Dee Weiss, Agent, North Myrtle Beach, SC
Tue Oct 14, 2008
Hi Denis:
I am an agent with Coldwell Banker Chicora who specializes in condo/townhouse sales. As such, I'm aware of lots of other similar product on the market and these seem to be an outstanding purchase. They have the largest square footage of any three bedroom units I have recently seen. Two have been sold and two more are under contract with an average price of $203,450. This is a new complex so inventory in plentiful starting at $179,900. I suspect that the higher priced units include a garage. It's not well marked in the MLS by the listing agency. International Club is closest to Murrells Inlet and is 3 miles from the ocean as the crow flies. There is a state park about 7 miles away that many people use as their beach since it is all natural and has no development on it.

The monthly fee is $200 and includes cable TV, and everything else except your interior electric service. I would estimate your monthly electric to average $75-$80/month and everything is electric - there are no other utility bills. Additionally, you would need to insure your unit - if a two story townhouse, I would estimate: $1300/year. If condo unit with no garage in multi-story building - probably $600. Taxes on a purchase of $180,000 would be approx. $1440/year - if you are a permanent residence. If you are buying as a second home, the taxes would be higher.

Which brings me to several questions which would help me frame these answers within the perspective of other developments and properties available here. If you could answer these, then I can better assist you.
Are you relocating here or buying a vacation/second home?
How long have you been exploring propety here in Myrtle Beach? On-line? In-person?
What is your time frame to purchase? Do you have a property in New York to sell?
Comfortable price range? Size? Do stairs present a problem? Preferred floor if condo.

I'm telling all my buyers that now is the time to buy - especially with the losses people are experiencing in the traditional investment avenues. Real estate is always a solid investment and you would be buying at one of the lowest points our market has seen - with interest rates that are very attractive. Appreciation would be almost certain because the market has no where to go but up - particularly if you plan to own for 5 or more years which is the typical condo/townhome buyers time frame.

Please feel free to e-mail your responses directly to me so that I can make sure this is the best property to match your needs and time frame. Of course, if there are other properties that I feel merit attention, I can e-mail them directly to you which I can't through Trulia.

Looking forward to assisting you.

Dee Weiss, ABR, CRS, GRI, SRES
Senior Sales Associate
Licensed in SC & NC
Coldwell Banker Chicora
N. Myrtle Beach, SC
Toll Free: 877-347-1156
deeweiss@chicora.net