Question removed

Asked by Sandy, Chicago, IL Tue Sep 30, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

6
Sean Skutnik, Agent, Leland, NC
Mon Oct 13, 2008
Sandy-

I did not hear back from you. I was prepared to assist you in what ever capacity it took. Please let me know that you have been helped with your goals. Very much appreciated.

Your Friendly Realtor,

Sean Skutnik
Realtor/Broker
Exit Homeplace Realty
910-279-1016
Erin Gora, , Wilmington, NC
Wed Oct 1, 2008
Hi Sandy

I have shown lots of houses in a short amount of time before, and I have a great system for keeping things organized so things don't get too confusing. 24 is a lot in one day though. Is it possible for you to break that into two days? The most I have done in one day is 19, I think, and it was exhausting for everyone. Sometimes that's just what you have to do though, when your time is limited.

I would love to help you. You can reach me at egora@intracoastalrealty.com.

Erin Gora
Yolanda, , Wilmington, NC
Wed Oct 1, 2008
Sandy,
I will be happy to help you. I work with Keller Williams. I have lived in this area over 30 years. E-mail me at yevans@charter.net. I know you feel like you know these houses well but I will even preview them ahead of time . I also have a list of questions that might be helpful to narrow your scope. Welcome to Wilmington. After you e-mail me I will give you my phone number.
Yolanda
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Tue Sep 30, 2008
Sandy,
I am sorry if you misunderstood me. Yes a buyers agent splits the commission with the seller's agent. What I meant was that until closing the agents pay for everything out of pocket. Just like with selling a home all the advertising, open houses, and other marketing is paid for by that agent. What I left out is there are many times when a buyer's agent will work with someone only to never get them to buy or to have them disappear and not buy using them.
Yes we can schedule showings quickly unless they are occupied in which case you have to make an appointment with the owners.
Unfortunately Wilmington has not been worked up yet on Google Street View like Greensboro.

Let me ask you the homes you are looking at when you say that you can drive by and know whether you want to see them or not are you refering to the neighborhood or the house?
If you like as I said before I can refer you to a buyers agent with our firm in Wilmington and will prescreen them for you. That way you don't have to continue to go through the headaches you have been going through.

If you like just email me and I will get the ball rolling first thing in the morning.

Larry Story
Broker SRES CHMS
Coldwell Banker Triad
larry.story@coldwellbanker.com
Sandy, Home Buyer, Chicago, IL
Tue Sep 30, 2008
I didn't realize that agents made no money when helping to buy a house in Wilmington. I thought they got a percentage of the selling agents profit. What would you suggest I do in my situation. I am driving from Chicago and have THIS Sunday and Monday to see these houses and put in an offer. I was told by my lender that I must have an accepted offer to begin the loan application process. I have 24 listings sheets with photos and detailed info. of each house and a map of all of the homes plotted out and my own notes on each. I know most of these houses better than the back of my hand, I am very well prepared and am confident I will knock houses off as I see them and not get overwhelmed. I will sign a contract if I can find someone to help me.
In your professional opinion, should I take the first day to see the outside of each of these homes, pick through them an then schedule viewings for Monday? Can you schedule viewings this quickly??? How should I handle this, otherwise?
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Tue Sep 30, 2008
Sandy it is just alot to ask for just two days. I usually try to limit my buyers to 4 to 5 a day. For one reason if I show more then that you are going to forget the first homes and what they were like by the time you hit the 6th. Besides you generally will take apporxiamtely 30 minutes per house and that is not wasting any time and not including drive time. So you are looking at probably 45 minutes to an hour per house. So you want someone for 12 hours per day. Not to mention gas and time spent on someone you have not contract with. If you are willing to sign a buyers agency and have a preapproval letter from the bank they you may get someone to work with you.
Please understand as a Realtor we pay out of our pockets all the upfront costs of taking you around to show homes plus our time as a buyer's agent.

If you still do not find someone I can refer you to a top agent in the area with my firm. Just let me know.

Hope this helps,