Question removed

Asked by Kila Quigley, Buford, GA Sat Oct 26, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Laquita Baez, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Mon Oct 28, 2013
You sure can. Any home on the market can be negotiated.

Contact me so I can guide you thru the process of being a first time home buyer!

Laquita Baez
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
404.843.2500 office
973.687.7095 cell
http://www.LaquitaBaez.com
Thank you Laquita for your response.
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013
, ,
Sat Oct 26, 2013
Hi Kila,
To view or make an offer on a property that is listed for sale, you should be represented by a Buyer’s Agent. The Buyer’s Agent will work on your behalf throughout the transaction. This is very important since the Listing Agent represents the seller.

By working with a Buyer's Agent, you are only seeing the homes that are actually listed for sale at that time. Also, having one Buyer’s Agent dedicated to you will greatly maximize your home buying experience since they will be locating available homes that meet your criteria as best as possible..

If you need a recommendation on a Buyer’s Agent, please contact me at (404) 591-2453 or rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com. I would be happy to put you in touch with someone who can assist you.

The seller of the property will want to make sure that you are qualified to purchase the property should your offer be accepted. Working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com to get started.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203(k) Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
I appreciate the information. I am very, very new to this whole process. I have looked online at the GA Dream information, the Home path website as well as a few other sites but I don't understand a lot of it. Who or what determines which type of loan will best suit me? Is the Buyer's agent the same as a Real estate agent and before I get in contact with someone like that I would need to get qualified for a loan correct? I have only spoken to one institution about the process or getting a loan over the phone but I was told I needed to wait till Jan before I could qualify. That was in May. Rodney thank you for your time.
Flag Sat Oct 26, 2013
Joseph Roraff, Agent, Holmen, WI
Sat Oct 26, 2013
Yes, you can still negotiate a foreclosure. Sometimes it can be a long process if the bank who foreclosed is not local. Typically any house is negotiable with the exception of new construction.
Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Have you considered what you will do when it comes to financing for your new home? Before you start looking for homes I strongly recommend you get pre-approved. This is important because it gives you an idea of the price range you can afford. Also, offers from individuals with pre-approvals are taken much more seriously. Also, have you looked into first-time buyer mortgages such as FHA loans? These loans are specially geared towards first time buyers because of their benefits. These benefits include easy credit qualification, great rates, low closing costs, and a low down payment of 3.5%. I am a lender based out of California and I have done plenty of loans throughout the state. I would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan you need so feel free to contact me.

Brian Nguyen
Phone: 949.667.2887
Email: bhnguyen@iservelending.com
http://www.iservelending.com/briannguyen
NMLS # 659743
Brian thank you for your response. Yes I am aware that I need financing prior to doing anything. I am just asking about the forecloses as I was not sure if negotiating still applied. When the time comes I will be working with someone in my area to obtain approval. I am researching different options that are available to first time home buyers and asking questions before I start the process. Again thank you for your response.
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Sat Oct 26, 2013
It is no longer a foreclosure since that is long past. It will be now owned by someone and often it is a bank making it now a bank owned home. It will be listed for sale with a Realtor when the owner is ready to sell it and you make offers on it just as you do with any home for sale. The owner can say yes or no. You need to get a Realtor to work with (it's free for you) and they can guide you. You will need to obtain a loan so it's good to speak with a lender to make sure you can before you make an offer - the owner will require a letter from the lender saying you have.
I understand I need a loan but for now that is not possible. I have spoken with a local bank a few months ago to see what I need to get started in this process. I will be in contact with them again in Jan. but for now I am just trying to educate myself on some things that I do not understand how the process works. Thank you and I appreciate your response.
Flag Sat Oct 26, 2013