Question removed

Asked by Travis, 44442 Thu Sep 25, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

3
Kevin Rekiel, Both Buyer And Seller, Erie, PA
Tue Sep 30, 2008
We are selling a beautifully maintained newer home in Erie, PA. I believe this meets all of your needs.
June Lewis, , New Castle, PA
Mon Sep 29, 2008
Check out 115 Leeper Drive North Beaver Township Mohawk School District Lawrence County Details on my blog at http://wwwihomesearchnewcastle.com We are 40 min to the Pittsburgh airport off Rt 60 or Pa turnpike west See visual tour on the blog or the Northwood site
Jeffrey Benn…, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Thu Sep 25, 2008
Most FSBOs will work with Realtors, and solid representation gives you peace of mind while being virtually free to you.

Many buyers think they''ll get a better deal buying a FSBO, since the seller isn't paying commission. Well, the sellers are thinking the same thing -- and they want to keep the "savings," not pass them on to the buyer (i..e, pay the buyer instead of the broker :-) Their homes are often overpriced for the market in the first place, and they attract bargain hunters instead of qualified buyers working with Realtors, etc., which is why most end up eventually listing with a broker.

Also, unless it's a completely private sale, FSBO sellers will end up paying 1/2 commission to the buyer's broker anyway, if they want any showings.

Unrepresented buyers (without Realtors) must either assume liability for all aspects the transaction or pay a lawyer to oversee things (usually hourly). This is usually a lot more expensive than using a Realtor, and unless the lawyer is a real estate specialist, might not even be very reliable. Limiting yourself to FSBOs also drastically reduces the number of homes you're looking at, and therefore reduces the chances you'll find what you're looking for.

None of this necessarily applies to you; it's just my two cents on the general subject! If you do end up wanting to use a Realtor, I'm local and would be happy to help you. Good luck in any case!