Question removed

Asked by ajones, Pensacola, FL Mon Sep 9, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

7
Ronald Notah, , Pensacola, FL
Tue Sep 10, 2013
You were working with an agent for your submission; I would ask that agent to find out the answer to your question. It is strange, that it has not moved from active status to contingent within 2 months, but it may be due to contingencies not being completed or it may be in a short sale situation, where the seller agreed on the price and terms, but now they are waiting for the lender to also approve the sale. Have your agent to follow up with the listing agent's broker. Good day / good luck.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Sep 10, 2013
There is way to much that is not known.
If the source of your data and anything other than the MLS, there is no chance of reliable data.
-
Price is only one factor in a purchase agreement. Other conditions and terms are specified in the purchase agreement that you, me nor anyone responding here have access to. It is very possible all contingencies must be fullfilled or waived BEFORE the home will be removed from the market therefore remaining avaialble should other buyers have real interest. This is an exceptional way to protect the home seller from calamities resulting from the chices a buyer makes.
-
As you found out, your financed offer, or the bank involved raised red flags that alerted the seller your offer would be problematic. You would be well advised to examine your situation and develop a strategy that will remove these obstacles.
-
It seems to be the 'go to' response of buyers and sellers, when they make mistakes, to want to blame the professinals involved or sling accusations of ethics and untruthfullness.
-
When dealing with folks who don't know what they don't know....it's just comes with the territory.
-
Why would the lie in the first place? They did not lie. You do not know the questions to ask.
Maybe you should ask the right questions since you are an agent. Maybe you should not just assume the buyer or seller is always wrong, maybe an agent could be wrong every now and then. My agent said the whole thing is very fishy. He then said they could get in trouble for what they are doing. I do not know the rules or laws regarding real estate. I did not push my agent or question him because he seemed very uncomfortable with it. He said he did not want to get them in trouble. He is a good agent and I did not want to put him in that position. I have given up on the house but I am curious as to why they go thru the trouble of keeping it listed instead of moving it to pending or something. And yes you are dealing with people who don't know that is not our job that is why I was asking. Maybe there is a very simple reason, I thought maybe I was missing something. Apparently you didn't like the question.
Flag Tue Sep 10, 2013
I may not be a agent however I do know what a lie is. I am not saying all agents lie, in fact I think most agents are great, honest and very willing to help. Just look how many took the time to answer my question. I do not know the right questions that's why I am asking what would be the purpose. An agent could make an error and the listing agent actually did,she did not know this house would not qualify for the loan "she" was advertising it for without a repair. No big deal, I understand. There was NO problem with our loan in fact our finance guy was going out of his way to make sure it would pass and we were going to pay over the amount asked, to get it repaired. It is not a short sale or foreclosure. The agent says a cash offer was made and she made a point to say with no contingents and "as is". They are not showing the house to anyone. It has been now over 9 weeks. Different story every time ANYONE calls. Nobody can get a straight answer, not my agent, or our finance guy.
Flag Tue Sep 10, 2013
Holly Banno, Agent, Gulf Breeze, FL
Tue Sep 10, 2013
Hi Annette,

The home SHOULD NOT be listed as ACTIVE in the Multiple Listing Service, referred to as the MLS; however, other real estate websites do not always update their information in a timely manner.

I can't determine why the agent who is handling the listing is responding to your inquiries inconsistently, but it would be my pleasure to assist you - I WILL DO MY BEST TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!!!

If the property is a SHORT SALE, meaning the asking price is less than what the seller owes on the property, sometimes circumstances change throughout the transaction that are out of the real estate agent's control.

Give me a call, text or e-mail and it would be my pleasure to assist you in any way that I can do so.

Thank you for reaching out to the Trulia community!!!

Holly Banno

Cell: (850) 382-1231
e-mail: Holly@HollyBanno.com
Damon Hitt, Agent, Pensacola, FL
Tue Sep 10, 2013
Annette, If you would like an exclusive buyers agent to help you please call me. I can get to the bottom of the transaction you are referring to, and if it is truly under contract I will be glad to help you find something else and negotiate a good deal for you. Im sorry your having difficulty. Damon Hitt/ Century 21 Meyer/ http://www.beachrealtypro.com
Ed Marill, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Tue Sep 10, 2013
Are you working with an agent? If so, they should be able to follow up on this house for you. If you are not working with a buyer's agent, I would recommend finding one. A buyer's agent would help you follow up on properties you are interested in.
Roby Thomas, Agent, FREMONT, CA
Mon Sep 9, 2013
Sometimes the data is not updated , and when you search it shows as "for Sale". You need to find a local agent to verify details . Please do not get disappointed, there is help . Wish you the best.
Barbara Murp…, Agent, Pace, FL
Mon Sep 9, 2013
It often takes 60 days or longer to go through the process of offer, acceptance, inspections and finalizing the deal before a property closes, especially if the property is a foreclosure or short sale, or requires repairs before closing. Typically, the home should have the status changed to "contingent" or "pending" in the Multiple Listing Service, which removes it from showing up as still available For Sale in the local MLS once the inspections have been done and the property has been accepted by the Buyer. However, many web sites pull data from older listing information sources, and occasionally property shows up as "For Sale" when in fact it has already been sold -- that will depend on the web site. If the home is "For Sale By Owner", then there may be other advertising on the internet that has not been updated.

If someone submitted your offer to the Seller, and that person is representing you as a Buyer's Agent, that person should be able to tell you what the situation is regarding your offer.

The homebuying process can be a tricky one, and it really helps to work with a professional Agent who will guide you through the process.

If you are not currently working with an agent, please contact me and I'd be glad to see what I can find out about the home you are referencing or any other home that you may have an interest in.

Good Luck,
Barbara Murphy
Broker, Tartan Properties
850-686-9919
It is still listed for sale even on the listing agents own site, I don't understand why if it was cash and bought 'AS IS" then why is it taking so long and no they have not listed it as "contingent" or "pending" we do have an agent however he doesn't understand what is going on with the house, he has called and they told him they are waiting for the deal to go through but he believes something very fishy is going on. I think so too. Thanks for your answer.
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013