Question removed

Asked by Anon, 80203 Tue Aug 27, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

7
DeDe Stramel, Agent, Denver, CO
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Did you sign a Buyers Broker Agreement with this agent? If you didn't, then you are free to use another agent. If you did, you are still free to use another agent but if you buy a house they showed you, then they may be entitled to a commission. You should definitely disclose this to any agent you choose to use. In addition, If you choose to use another agent, I would recommend that you put in writing your desire to move on and use another agent to your current agent. Make it clear that you were unhappy with her services and do not wish to use her. This will help the next agent you use to not violate any Buyer's Broker Agreement you may have in place. It's unfortunate that you are having this experience. It's agents like this that give the industry a bad reputation. Good luck & happy house hunting!
Christine Da…, Agent, Boulder, CO
Tue Aug 27, 2013
If you didn't sign any agency agreement, I believe you should be able to sever your relationship with your current Realtor. I am not totally sure how it would work as far as her being the procuring agent if you should choose to make an offer on a property she presented and showed you. I would have to check on the rules that apply but if you put a offer on the house in question and you close on this property, your new agent may owe her a finders fee. Again, if you didn't sign an agreement with this agent, this may not apply.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Christine Damiano
GreenSpot Real Estate
303-485-6205
Mitch Rothman, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Fire your agent. Terminate the Buyer Agency agreement (if you signed one) and get rolling with someone else. Clean break.
Mitch Rothman
The Kentwood Company
303-641-5674
Anon, , 80203
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Well, I just found out that the $20K was 'an oversight on the builder's part,' and that was meant for another project.
Doesn't give me much more confidence in this builder or Realtor.
Rochelle Lan…, Agent, Lakewood, CO
Tue Aug 27, 2013
I believe that we all answered your concerns on the other post -- as long as you do not have a Buyers Agency agreement with the Realtor, you can send her an email and fire her - you can then use another Realtor, have them show you the property, sign an agency agreement with the new Realtor and put in an offer. I would be happy to meet with you and your husband to discuss this situation.

Rochelle Landau
Cherry Creek Properties LLC
303-502-4930
rlandau61@gmail.com
Daniel Herron, Agent, Lakewood, CO
Tue Aug 27, 2013
20k in nonrefundable earnest money is ludicrous unless you are an investor and know exactly what you are getting into.

Daniel Herron
720-323-9178
Thomas Moser, Agent, East Northport, NY
Tue Aug 27, 2013
The first issue is do you have a buyer broker agreement with this agent? If not, you are free to use whoever you want. Keep in mind, however, that if you make an offer on this particular house (or any other that this agent showed you) and it is accepted the original agent may be entitled to a commission. You should disclose this to any other agent that you may work with in the future.