Question removed

Asked by Deborah Walle, 11415 Thu Aug 22, 2013

This question was removed by Trulia moderators.

Answers

19
JR Thrasher, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sun Aug 25, 2013
Hi Mike,

I have had a lot of success buying 1 bedroom condos under $70,000 and two bedroom condos under $100,000 and renting them through a special VA program that provides section 8 assistance priority to disabled veterans.

Click the link in the web reference below for a list of condos that fit this criteria.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
Neil Fjelles…, Other Pro, San Diego, CA
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Since we operate rental properties throughout the San Diego region I can candiidly tell you that there are great locations for many reasons. Not sure this is the first concern you should be considering. Both a condo and a SFR can make an excellent investment as a rental ownership. A real estate investment is considered for its cash flow, its tax benefit, the equity at purchase plus the loan principal reduction over time as well as potential repositioning equity due to reduced purchase price, physical remodel and/or solving a longstanding physical and/or market problem. Finally, you'll want to consider the long-term appreciation in valuation. You see, we can debate neighborhoods and/or the better type of rental property but these are the wrong questions.

The question is rather what is the best rental for you to hold. The first questions to be addressed are about you as an investor - your financial goals, risk concerns, personal resources and time frame. Once we have created a foundation for a strategy we can consider appropriate rental ownership, property type and location. Everything's important and the order of consideration is also important. Educate yourself further http://www.RentSenseBlog.com

FBS has assisted thousands of individuals optimize their investment strategy with long-term Rental Ownership over more than four decades. We currently operate rental properties in 69 zip codes throughout the San Diego region.
Web Reference:  http://www.fbs-pm.com
Julianne Pul…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Aug 28, 2013
Hey Mike,

Properties in UTC, So Mission and Pacific Beach. All three of these area's will allow you to use your property three ways. You can use it "Inside the Box" traditional monthly rental. Our you can use it "Outside the Box" Corp. Rental(furnished full-time) Furnished vacation rental or combo summer furnished vacation rental/school year college rental.

One other area to mention is Chula Vista/Eastlake. If a single family home is the direction you would prefer to go, this is a great suburb for Military Families.

I hope this helps!

Julianne Pulido

(619) 942-2712

Pacifica Properties
Pacifica Vacation Rentals
2075 Morena Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92110
http://www.pacificavacationrentalssd.com
CA BRE #01891099
VA PRO-Don't let you VA Loan go to waste!
Richelle Jett, Agent, La Jolla, CA
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Hello Mike,

I help a lot of investors purchase property. Some of my investors have received great returns in Chula Vista, North Park, Downtown, and UTC. I am noticing the best ROI's on condo's priced in the low $100k range. Call me for more information at 619-200-5545.

Richelle Szczygiel
Alliance Group
BRE #01447519
619-200-5545
Royce Kemp, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Hi Mike,

As an investor myself whose portfolio includes two properties in the UTC area, I strongly encourage a purchase in this part of town as a rental unit. The demand for housing is very strong in the area as it's centrally located to all of San Diego, but perfect situated where the tech and bio jobs are at. Since it's also near the university and hospitals (Scripps/UCSD), there is always a strong rental demand in the area. With the trolley eventually coming to UTC, and the mall recently being renovated, this area will only be in more demand. Contact me via email and I can set you up with a MLS search so you can see what the current market activity is like. Thanks for the question!

Royce Kemp
royce@roycekemp.com
Benie, , San Diego, CA
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Downtown is a really good area, and rent is high. You could maybe even get the rent to cover the mortgage payment in downtown but it depends on the financing that you get.
Maureen Bye…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Hello Mike, Congrats on your decision to invest in SD County where they are some definite 'sleeper locations' left subject to your specific rental investment objectives!!
Please contact maureen@landangel.com or 760 622 6855 with over 40 years experience.
We offer personal, professional, local team services and excellent, quality investor representation!!
Let's discuss your investment strategies, realty criteria, financing options, take action move forward.
Let's make rental home happen!!
Enjoy your weekend.
Maureen
Web Reference:  http://www.coastal.biz
, ,
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Well the college areas are always full, but the turnover is frequent
Dmitry Paste…, , San Diego, CA
Fri Aug 23, 2013
I would suggest Mira Mesa, Poway, Rancho Penasquitos, Carmel Valley.. But I think it will depend on your budget and the type of financing you would be securing. I work with an excellent Lender.

Peter L. Edelmuth
Broker
PacificFirst Mortgage
6120 Paseo Del Norte, Suite A-2
Carlsbad, CA 92011
Office: 760.607.0440
Toll Free: 877.607.0440
Facsimile: 760.607.0441
Mobile: 760.420.4435
Email:pedelmuth@pacificinvestmentproperties.com
Website: http://www.pacificfirstmtg.com
CA DRE License #01306378
NMLS License #283479

He is able to give credit to you for almost all of the closing costs, while keeping the interest rate low as well. Plus I myself offer credits towards closing costs as well. I would be happy to work with you to find a rental property that you would like..
Manju Gupta, Agent, Poway, CA
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Mike

You need to ask yourself before you look into the area, where is it more feasible for you to manage. Secondly, your affordability, rentability, freeway access, marketability. Can the rent in that area support your mortgage payment or looking for ROI etc.

Once these factors are solved then you contact the correct Realtor that can help you. Of Course UTC, college area are great but then there are more to be talked about.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Manju Gupta
858-947-8490
Valerie Weng…, Agent,
Fri Aug 23, 2013
I would personally recommend the North Park area, it is the most sought after Urban neighborhood in San Diego. But the college area would defiantly be one of the highest demanding areas in San Diego for rentals. Depending on your budget and other preferences we can find you the perfect rental property in this beautiful city.

Thanks!
Valerie Wengeler
(619)309-9342
valerie@AllianceGroupRE.com
BRE LIC# 01934056
Alexander Pf…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Great answers but much depends on affordability and whether you are going for cap rates or appreciation down the road. Coastal areas will always appreciate the fastest and UTC is a great area for young professionals an students, There are other areas that will have lower prices but produce better returns now.

Alexander Pfleger
Real Estate and Mortgage Consultant
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Aug 22, 2013
The answer is impacted of course by your budget....but common rental areas are those near collegesa and military bases. Thse include but are not limited to College Area, North Park, Mission Valley, UTC, Oceanside, and many more.

Please let me know if i can help you with your home search Mike!

Take care.
, ,
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Looks like you got some good answers below. Let me know if you need a purchase loan for the property. I can certainly help you out there. You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
Brent Cliffo…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Aug 22, 2013
The college areas are always good. Consistent client base and stability because it is usually the parent's money. Let me know if you want to talk. 858-874-6485
Rory Firks, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Depends on the type of ROI u want. Downtown is always great but only a few buildings can provide higher than a 4% cap. I know some diamonds in the rough if you can purchase cash.
Feel free to call me or shoot me an ema (858) 922-2812 or rfirks3@gmail.com
Kazem Zomorr…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Dear Mike,
It will all depend on how much you want to invest, and what is your expectation of return on your investment.
Media Fettin…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Hello Mike,

You want to consider highest rent income likelihood per mortgage dollar. For something like that, North County, South Bay, and East County are your best bets. Let me know if you need help finding the right property for your needs.

Media Fettinger
Century 21 Award
MFettinger@century21award.com
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Hi Mike,
Tough to say. Coastal properties are always in demand, so are properties near any of the universities (UCSD, USD, SDSU, Cal State SM), properties in North County near Camp Pendleton have the military demand from base... there are tons of possibilities. It will also depend on your price point, etc, so feel free to contact me directly and we can start working together. I don't know if you will need a property manager, but I do that as well...

Thanks!
​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®
Trulia®'s #1 Recommended Broker in Oceanside, Cardiff, Bonsall & Vista!
McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
info@mcallisterhomes.com EMAIL