Question removed

Asked by libsalot2000, Austin, TX Wed Jul 24, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

15
Myra Gouger, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jul 25, 2013
You don't need a Christian lender any more than you need a Christian realtor, dentist or doctor. When you start choosing professionals by their religion rather than their skills competency, you are the one who loses. If you asked me my religion as part of a requirement for working with me, trust me I would dismiss you quickly. There is no place in this world for the bigotry your letter implies. The only thing you want to know about your lender is how competent they are to get you a loan. Anything else beyond that is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
bravo! I applaud your honesty and agree with you!
One's identification with a religion - any religion - doesn't assure others that they are trustworthy or honest or upright......it has nothing to do with their personal code of ethics and integrity...or most of all competency !
Flag Sat Jul 27, 2013
I appreciate the time you've taken to respond, Myra. I hope you all the best in your work and I hope that you don't find yourself disrespected because of your religion or any other aspect of your personhood. I did not intend any bigotry by my question, and I hope that you can show me some grace. As someone from very out of state who knows absolutely no one in the area, I was finding a way to reach out to someone. Perhaps you can understand? If you have ever walked into a crowded room, you most likely tried to find someone with which you shared an interest. At least, at first. Just until you could get your footing and feel more comfortable. From there, you'd probably feel much more free to travel the room and meet a variety a people--regardless of your similarities. From this perspective, perhaps you can understand my question? Even if you can't, I once again hope you are successful in your endeavors and can forgive any hurt you felt by my question.
Flag Fri Jul 26, 2013
Ray Harwick, , Lakeway, TX
Sat Jul 27, 2013
I want through a phase like this; where I thought if I sought the help or service of someone who, like me, identified as a Christian. I'll never make that mistake again. Christians aren't exempt form being bumbling bunglers. I used to use the Christian Yellow pages until couldn't find a competent air conditioning repair company. I sold my first home using a "Christian Realtor" and got charged 6% commission when the going rate was 3%. Word to the wise - look for quality, not religious worldview. My realtor here in California was a Mulim-American immigrant from Iran and I couldn't have been more pleased.
good for you, and thank you for your honesty
Flag Sat Jul 27, 2013
, ,
Fri Jul 26, 2013
As a Christian myself.... I am always leery of people who advertise their services as a 'Christian Business'.... The same for people who 'wrap themselves in the flag' for the same business.

Call a few loan officers and talk to them.... A deep conversation on a personal level should provide you with a certain level of comfort.

Please call me if you have any follow up questions.

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
http://www.servicefirstmckinney.com/
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
tburris@servicefirstmtg.com
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration => http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Thu Jul 25, 2013
I'm curious about this. While I am not a theologian, I was always under the impression that the Savior took a rather dim view of "money changers." What is it about Christian mortgage brokers that makes them especially desirable?
In truth, I don't necessarily intend to make sure I use one. From what little I know of home buying (I'm a first time home buyer and am extremely out-of-state), I need to start with a mortgage lender before really doing much else... ie: what's the point in looking at houses until I know how much money I can get? So, if you can look at it this way, I'm like a foreigner coming to a new place and I know the basic kind of person I need to be in touch with. I think any person in that situation would do searching and try to find someone they'd feel comfortable with. This searching may be done online or through a phone book. I am easily stressed, and so looking at online sources for realtors and money lenders was like easy access to a panic attack. My first thought for an easier solution? Find a Christian mortgage lender. Even if that person doesn't end up being our lender, my hope was that it'd be the first step to more information from a (hopefully) trustworthy and gracious person.
Flag Fri Jul 26, 2013
libsalot2000, Home Buyer, Austin, TX
Sun Jul 28, 2013
Thank you for all of the responses, folks! I am finding that there are some who are misinterpreting my question. For the sake of all people and emotions involved, I think it best to delete the question so no more harm can be done. Thanks again for all of the help getting my footing! I appreciate all those who offered to lend a hand in the process.
Sharon Felton, Agent, Nashville, TN
Sun Jul 28, 2013
You've had lots of responses to your question. Do know that as Realtors, we must abide by a strict Code of Ethics, and those ethics insist that we not discriminate based on a seller's or a buyer's race, color, religion, age, etc. I do understand your feeling a little overwhelmed at the prospect of becoming a homeowner for the first time. To allay those fears, please feel free to visit my website: http://www.midTNhometeam.com. There, you'll find a lot of good info about purchasing a home.
Web Reference:  http://midTNhometeam.com
Thanks for your great response, Sharon! Just what I was looking for, someone to help :-)
Flag Sun Jul 28, 2013
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Jul 25, 2013

I would be happy to help you. I am a mortgage broker and Realtor and I live in the Austin area. If you would like to talk about different financing options I would be happy to help have a discussion with you. If you look at my profile you will see I spend a lot of time on Trulia answering questions for people. I enjoy the interaction and because I am experienced on both sides of the home buying transaction I can give you guidance and my expertise.

If you would like to talk about your financing options please feel free to email me or give me a call to discuss.

Best of luck to you and your family and please know that Austin is a great place to call home.

_____________________________________________________
Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
, ,
Thu Jul 25, 2013
I would love to help you! Give me a call or send me an email any time. :)

K.C. Jones
Gold Financial
214-432-0486
kjones@goldfinancial.com

* We specialize in FHA loans (3.5% down) for folks with credit scores as low as 580
Mark Alexand…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Your question has great intentions, but the chances your mortgage will remain with said lender are extremely low. Your loan will likely be sold on a secondary market within thirty days to a federally subsidized entity. If you want a great lender that can close your deal, or if you want a great church home I too have recommendations.

Mark
Thanks for the insight, Mark! I don't necessarily need a Christian lender. My real desire is for someone knowledgeable in the lending industry who is a Christian (and so then therefore trustworthy, upright and honest), to help me with my first steps because I feel like I'm starting completely blind here...
Flag Wed Jul 24, 2013
John Crowe, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Look at that - you ask, and it is delivered! As you find lenders who have beliefs aligned with yours, make certain the skills match!

Welcome to Austin! Not sure where you are moving from, though I expect you will enjoy the friendly embrace our city offers new residents.

Take care,
John Crowe, Broker
Keller Williams
JOSEPH E JAR…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Jul 24, 2013
I am a Christian myself and have a couple of Christian lenders who would be happy to work with you in an honest, forthright fashion. If you would like to talk, call me anytime from 10 AM to 8 PM central standard time and we can discuss what you were looking to do and I will do my best to assist!

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415
Thanks, Joseph! I will try calling tomorrow. I appreciate your willingness to help!
Flag Wed Jul 24, 2013
Lisa Salinas…, Agent, Round Rock, TX
Wed Jul 24, 2013
I have one that I highly recommend and you don't have to give me your contact information.
Tom Brown 512-497-9505 his is with Willow Bend mortgage.
Thanks, Lisa! I was able to find his email from the information you gave me and sent him some questions. He's already responded! Thank you for the recommendation; it's great to have somewhere to start!
Flag Wed Jul 24, 2013
Cindy Crawfo…, , Round Rock, TX
Wed Jul 24, 2013
I have 3 excellent Christian lenders I refer to. Send your contact info to me at cindycrawford@kw.com and I'm happy to send your list.
Carlos Arana, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Jul 24, 2013

I'm Catholic, and I'd be happy to point you in the right direction :).

Carlos Arana
512-777-1381
Carlos.a.arana@gmail.com
http://www.AranaCapital.com
Arana Capital Real Estate
Bill Austin, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Jul 24, 2013
I would be happy to help you through the process from beginning to end. Contact me diectly if you would like my help.
Respectfully,