Question removed

Asked by , Thu Aug 21, 2008

This question was removed by Trulia moderators.

Answers

20
Steven Manus, Both Buyer And Seller, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 9, 2009
Your best bet is a specialty wholesaler, focusing on the Chicago market. Look for someone with a proven track record, who will get you the type of property you want, in the right area for you, in your price range. Work with people who have your interests in mind.

Here's a great resource:
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Apr 13, 2009
Hi Napogino,

Welcome to Trulia Voices. I'm afraid that answering your own question in this manner is considered spam. Please access the link below to review our Community Guidelines and let us know if you have any questions.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Sat Apr 11, 2009
Welcome Rehabbers, Landlords, Lease Option Sellers - Come to ChicagoREOInvesting.com (be sure to click on the "about us" button) for the best in wholesale properties. We will find you the properties you want, in the area you want, in the price range that works for you. We are specialty wholesalers focusing on the great Chicago market. Try us out. Find out why savvy Chicago investors come to us again and again as a reliable, proven source of properties. We are not a listing service. We negotiate, get the properties under contract, and offer them to you at a great price. That's it! I'll work personally with you, with your interests in mind. I look forward to earning your business.
Joe Zekas, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Sat Apr 11, 2009
This is how scam artists behave, folks. They attack the people who expose them.

Game over. It's unfair to the readers here to continue this thread.
Web Reference:  http://yochicago.com
Fri Apr 10, 2009
Physician, heal thyself! Your bizarre delusions of granduer must surely cover up a great deal of pain.
Joe Zekas, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Fri Apr 10, 2009
You've repeatedly refused, "Steven Manus," to provide a verifiable identity.

No one should do business with someone who refuses to identify himself, and no legitimate business person refuses to do so. Only scammers hide behind anonymity when soliciting business relationships.
Web Reference:  http://yochicago.com
Fri Apr 10, 2009
And, what gives you the idea that I'm trying to take advantage of others?

You seem to assume the worst, without knowing, or showing the least bit of interest in that I actually do.

Your smiles seem to be sardonic. Its often the case with those who appoint themselves to the role of savior. How ironic, on Good Friday.
Joe Zekas, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Fri Apr 10, 2009
My identity is clear and transparent, as you're well aware.

I am smiling. Putting a damper on people who try to take advantage of others always brings a smile to my face.
Web Reference:  http://yochicago.com
Fri Apr 10, 2009
Who are you, Joe Zekas? And who appointed you savior of humanity?

Try smiling for a change, Joe. Its contageous.
Joe Zekas, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Fri Apr 10, 2009
I'm pretty obviously responding to an unknown person who's here under the name of "Steven Manus."

The only phone number on the Web site you link to resolves to California and makes no mention of a "Steven Manus" - a person who can't be clearly identified on the Web. There's no genuine business name, no physical address, nothing to legitimze the site.

The axe I'm grinding is also clear - trying to help protect the unsuspecting from giving up an e-mail address to an unknown entity.

You've failed to respond to my previous request that you identify yourself clearly. If you want anyone to do business with you, you ought to have a verifiable identity, not just a picture and a screen name. I don't understand your having a problem with that - oh, wait, I do.
Web Reference:  http://yochicago.com
Fri Apr 10, 2009
I don't know to whom you are responding, Joe. My picture appears next to my name; my website is clearly shown.

If you have an axe to grind, grind away... The world will respond accordingly.
Joe Zekas, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Fri Apr 10, 2009
There's room for people with actual identities and clearly disclosed contct information, not for anonymice asking for e-mail contacts.

There's room for people operating as brokers who have licenses to do so and disclose them in accordance with applicable state laws.

Tell us who you are so we can contact you directly and verify that you're legitimate.

If you're unwilling to do that, then people need know nothing more about you.
Web Reference:  http://yochicago.com
Fri Apr 10, 2009
Why cast aspersions by blanket condemnation?

Many experienced investors buy properties from wholesalers, again and again. "Trust, but verify", to quote Ronald Reagan.

There's room for all of us here, Joe.
Joe Zekas, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Fri Apr 10, 2009
Let me make an even better point.

Experienced investors know far better than to respond to sites that appear to be designed to sucker novices with false promises.

Be very careful before giving up your e-mail address to a site that wants it before it gives you anything. A better idea is: never do that.
Web Reference:  http://yochicago.com
Fri Apr 10, 2009
Joe Zekas has a good point. While there is a legitimate segment of the market handled by wholesalers, it is the realm of real estate investors. Many experienced rehabbers and landlords buy their properties from "wholesalers" - investors who specialize in negotiating with banks or others, who get properties under contract at very good prices. The wholesaler cultivates relationships with "investor/buyers", offering them properties that suit their needs. They can then focus their energies on their main business of rehabbing and either re-selling or renting.

If you are an investor seeking quality properties at very good prices, a great resource is:
Joe Zekas, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Fri Apr 10, 2009
Note McCarey's answer, spoofing what's clearly a non-question posed by a shill.

The novice buyers hanging around here need to avoid anyone and everyone who suggests they can buy properties "wholesale."
Web Reference:  http://yochicago.com
Get-smart, , Durham, NC
Mon Jan 19, 2009
there are plenty of places you can find wholesale properties for Chicago. you can contact wholesalers that sell strictly to wholesalers and you can look in the mls through realtor.com for some good deals as well. it really depends on what your goals are and what you want to accomplish.
, ,
Thu Oct 30, 2008
How About Chicago Wholesale Deals

There you can find Chicago's Best Fixxer Uppers & Rehab Properties
Priced Below Market Value.

Discover Chicago Wholesale Investment Real Estate Deals.
Properties That Other Investors Wish They Knew About!

Get access to real discount properties! True investors who offer
"below market" properties for sale.

Who Can Benefit from Chicago Wholesale Deals Deals?
Rehabbers, you will love the "True Wholesale Deals."
Landlords,tThe "Cash Flow Deals" are a goldmine.

Wholesalers, often the Investment Deals have enough equity to be
Re-Assigned.

Homeowners/Future Homeowners, the Wholesale Deals allow you to build
equity faster and save thousands of dollars over traditional
real estate transactions.
Tom McCarey, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Napogino,

The Costco at Diversey and Damen no longer sells wholesale properties but there's a chance the Sam's in Skokie still does.

Tom McCarey
The Real Estate Lounge Chicago
Eric Marcus, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Napogino,

I am not exactly sure what you mean by wholesale properties. Its not a term I hear used in real estate. Perhaps you can be more specific about what you are looking for - several units in an unfinished condo building? Taking over a small project that is partially complete? A new subdivision with several unpurchased homes?

Much of it depends on what you are looking for. Be specific and we might be able to point you in the right direction.

Eric Marcus
ESM Realty
Your Real Friend in Chicago Real Estate