Question removed

Asked by Sep Family, California Thu Jun 20, 2013

This question was removed by its author.


Yvonne Miran…, Agent, Highland, CA
Fri Jun 21, 2013
Hi Peggy, you can cancel with his agency representing you or stay with agency but ask for an agent unrelated to seller or you can cancel & get different agency/agent to represent you. In 1 of the forms you probably should have signed should have been a form stating that agents can be Dual Agents. He may not have verbally told you, but he may have given you the form to sign. Without seeing the forms, the submitted forms, it's hard to guide you.
Yvonne Miranda, Realtor
0 votes
John Souerbry, Agent, Fairfield, CA
Fri Jun 21, 2013
If the wife works for the same broker as her husband, you still have a dual agency situation. Plus a conflict of interest given that her husband represents the seller and her father-in-law is the seller.
If you want to go forward with the deal, I suggest you hire an attorney to monitor the transaction and protect you, since your agent has dual agency and conflict of interest issues.
If you want to go forward with a different agent, hire an attorney to inform your agent of your intent to change agents. If your agent refuses to go along, your attorney will give you advice on how to proceed.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more