Question removed

Asked by Grant Sales, Minnesota Mon Jan 28, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Donald James, Agent, Edina, MN
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Hi Grant,

There are several possibilities for you to consider. A truly custom home would involve finding a lot, an architect, a builder. Finance would probably be a construction loan that would flip over to conventional financing when the home is complete. Plan on about two years for the project. If you like some of the national builders in your area (Pulte, Ryland, etc.) you might look at their plans and amend them to your taste. I am working with several buyers who have purchased in the area they want to live in and we are helping them rehab / remodel to their tastes. A professional Realtor can help you with any of these projects. Interview two or three Realtors, ask them about homes or projects similar to what you want to do, how they are involved, etc. Ask for references and check them. Ask the references about communication and follow-through. Call me anytime if you have questions.
Web Reference:  http://www.mywra.net
Ryan Haagens…, Agent, Minneapolis, MN
Mon Jan 28, 2013
I work with a great custom builder, JPC Custom Homes. You can check out their website at http://www.jpccustomhomes.com You can either build a custom home on their lot or any available lot in the Twin Cities. What areas are you interested in?
Rick Thram, Agent, Savage, MN
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Hi Grant,

Building a home has become a hot trend for home buyers within just the past year, as the inventory of existing homes is at it's lowest point in years. My advice is to choose an agent with experience with many builders so you can gleen knowledge about the process of finding just the right builder and neighborhood.
I have worked extensively in new construction, representing home buyers in their new home builds, since 1992. The key to today's new home market is comparison shopping, and lot location. Let me know if I can help you in this process.

Rick
952-451-2900
Tina Lam, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Building your own custom home requires a pretty heavy investment in capital and time. So, you'll have to determine whether you're financially qualified and if you can invest a year or so to the process. In you situation, you should sit down with a small custom home builder to discuss.

If you want something truly customized to your tastes, you'll need to get your own architect, which runs about $25-100K. And, costs go up quickly from there. If you want better plans than what you see online, try browsing new home magazines that offer the latest and most popular floor plans.
Web Reference:  http://www.archershomes.com
Chase Lenz, Agent, Minneapolis, MN
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Best way to start is to find a builder that will build you what you're looking for.
Once you find them they may have land available or you would need to purchase some land to build on. I have a few custom builders I can recommend. Where are you looking at building?

Call or email.
Chase Lenz
612-819-4474
chase@sp-realestate.com