Question removed

Asked by Hlep, Los Angeles, CA Wed Jan 23, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

9
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Jan 24, 2013
To the answer from Sergey, according to the MLS Agent Inventory report you've only closed 2 short sales since Jan. 2008. Closing "many" short sales should mean more than at least 2 dozen. I also don't know what kind of "average' for getting $10K to short sellers you can get having closed only 2.

This is the problem for consumers. Agents can say whatever they want about their experience or go out & BUY a certificate that says they're Short Sale Certified. Hlep, you need to ask for Proof of experience from listing agents of short sales so you know you're in good hands whether you're the short seller or you're going to buy a short sale. Closed by the specific agent & not by their office as a whole.

Shoot me an email directly if you'd like to talk about this further, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
Short Sale Specialist - 99.8% success rate
Douglas Lagos, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Hi Hlep,

If it's a HAFA program short sale, the minimum is $3,000.
Depending on the bank, the situation and the area, some short-sellers get up to $35,000, but in the past month, the top limit has dropped to about $25,000. Again, it's on a case by case basis.

If you have not done so, speak to a local short sale specialist, preferably a HAFA certified agent, to see what options may be available to you.

Beware of scams, you should not have to pay for help from any professional agent, or non-attorneys.

Douglas Lagos
Realtor, Certified HAFA Specialist
Coldwell Banker
Douglas Perez, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Yes, certain criteria must be met in order to qualify for some relocation money.

Alberto Pach…, , Porter Ranch, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
If the property is owner occupied and the bank is part of the hafa program could get $3000. Banks sometmes are offering more but that is up to their discretion
SERGEY FEDNOV…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Each short-sale is different and there are multiple factors that involved such as: what type of loan borrower had, what banks/servicer involved, Investors, what year loan was issues/property purchased, etc...

The have different programs as well, HAFA, COOP, owner relocation assistance , etc...

So really there is no set amout that you can expect to receive, however I closed many short-sales and I the average my clients receive $10,000 but it could start from $2,500 to as much as $35,000

If you wish to find out precise amout in your particular situation - just call me 424-777-9377

____________________ 
Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell  

Call me 424-777-9377 -  FREE CONSULTATION!  

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777. 

Sergey Fednov 
President - Realtor® 
- Trust Sale Realty - 
Residential & Commercial Real Estate 
_______________________________ 
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377 
Fax: 310-356-4925 http://www.TrustSale.com  http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com 
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents - 
Lic# 01896869 

carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Everything is negotiable and open for discussion, there is not set rule. If you don't ask, the answer is always no.
Sonya Coke, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Same as Ron said - it depends on the bank and what they offer. It also depends on how the short sale is classified, i.e. if it's HAFA or regular.
Ron Escobar -…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Banks are offering it now. I have gotten anywhere between $3,000 to $33,000 for my clients that did a short sale.

Is on a case by case basis and depends on your loan, sales price, who is the investor, and what programs they are offering.

Contact me directly if you need further information.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Wed Jan 23, 2013
I would say that does not happen. The bank is losing money on the sale and the owner is defaulting on the loan, I doubt the bank would be in a generous mood.