Question removed

Asked by Hlep, Los Angeles, CA Mon Oct 15, 2012

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

22
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Sun Oct 21, 2012
If you really like the neighborhood and the exterior of the house you can submit an offer contingent to see the property. Ask your agent to check the comparables in the area and give you a realistic price of what you should be offering.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Brian Byhower, Agent, Hermosa Beach, CA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Can I interest you in a bridge?
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Mon Oct 15, 2012
You should never make any offer on a property you haven't personally seen and any Broker who accepts such an offer should have a buyer sign a waiver to the effect that they haven't visited the property and release the Broker and their company form all liability should they not like the property.

Now to the question of a back up offer, given that you've not seen the property what could there possibly be about it that you're willing to make a back up offer. Honestly unless you have been given strong and compelling reasons to believe the deal may fall apart why are you wasting your time? Statistically it's unlikely you'll get to but the home and unless you know something you've not shared in your question I can't imagine why you want to do this.
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Just because the asking price is $425,000 doesn't mean a back up offer of $415,00 is realistic or would be accepted.

Work with your agent to determine what price is market price. The back up addendum should give you some protection, along with other contingencies you can write into the contract.

I once saw an awesome house on the bluff of the Pugent Sound, it looked so awesome and the price was fabulous (compared to California) I nearly wrote an offer on it sight unseen. I had someone in the area take a look at it and give me their feed back. There was also a second house in the same area. I didn't write an offer sight unseen. I flew up and looked at both houses and decided against both. One was so near the bluff that I was concerned the house would fall over and it needed a lot of work. The other house was adorable and broken into two homes and it wasn't functional for our needs. I eventually took a tour of homes and purchased something I saw.

All the best to you.
Web Reference:  http://www.terrivellios.com
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Wed Oct 17, 2012
You could submit a back up offer "subject to review".

Chances are they may already have back up offers on hand from buyers who have actually viewed the home.

Second, offering below list is not too wise these days. Most homes are selling at or above list, unless they are REAL FIXERS.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Yeprem P. Da…, , Encino, TX
Wed Oct 17, 2012
I would highly recommend you see the property, even if it's from curbside. This will allow you to see the structure and location (depending on if it is a primary residence, investment, etc...).
Now understand that people do purchase properties unseen. This is a personal choice that a buyer makes. However, it never hurts to see what you will be paying money for.

Good House Hunting!

Yeprem
Donna Diorio, Agent, Ship Bottom, NJ
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Forgive my informality on this answer but when I saw your questions I thought WHAT??? There are so many questions I would love to ask you but...
Is this a neighborhood you are familiar with or one you just "must" live or buy in ? Do you have a strong relationship with your Realtor? If so and he/she believes this is "The Deal" not to pass up, then I would say trust in them and go for it. . However, your idea of a great house may not be the same as your Realtor unless your Realtor knows you very well. Are you aware of any previous inspections done on this home? . I am on the East Coast where we have so many days (usually 14) after attorney review to do an inspection. Not knowing the laws in California I would make certain your have an inspection clause and mortgage contingency in your offer. If you are writing a contract, make sure the language in their protects you should you find a reason to back out. If you know the area well and love it , know the value of the property and have a great buyers agent, then all the best to you.
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Dear Hlep,
In my professional opinion you should make the time to view the potential property yourself. I have often worked with "out of town" buyers who did rely upon me to screen property for them, but even then, they would fly out on the weekends to see for themselves. It's a large purchase and you want to be happy with it....and you want to be sure!

best!
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Oct 16, 2012
As radical as it may sound, many of my buyers HAVE purchased homes they never saw and were very happy with the outcome. I can not say the same for myself. Knowing a buyer is trusting all aspects of the home purchase to the wisdom of their agent, and trusting the agent to intuitively know what the buyer wants is what I call 'High pressure."

Of course, you are aware of the exit options that may be available. Many 'investor' types blanket home sellers with purchase offers for homes they don't even know exist. Only when a seller responds with an acceptance do these 'paper hangers' actually take notice. The seller, believing they have sold their home do the 'happy dance' only to realize later, this investor buyer isn't done with them yet.

Clearly you know the area in which you are buying and experience has taught you that if you don't respond quickly, the house will be gone. There are many things that can go wrong and many things we do not know. For instance if this is a foreclosed home, your $415,000 offer may prove woefully too low. There is just too much we do not know.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us

First Look: http://youtu.be/PumYpkgybXE
Rolly Philli…, Agent, Lewiston, ID
Tue Oct 16, 2012
It certainly wouldn't hurt to start the process and during the negotiations process see if you can get to the property to make sure its what you want. If you can't, put in a period of time for you to view the property before final acceptance and add the clause you have the right to recind your offer at anytime prior to being put in first position. Good luck!! Have have a great day!!!
Marilyn Jenne, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
I know how this will turn out.

"The cheap comes out expensive." Judge Marilyn Milian--The People's Court
Harold Sharpe, Agent, LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ
Sun Oct 21, 2012
Would you buy a car without seeing it?
Would you get married without meeting the woman?
I can not count how many times a client thought they loved a house from what they saw online and then said no way after they saw it.
In answer to your question is it wise?
in my opinion, Nope

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes
(951) 821-8211
harold@socalhomes.biz
http://www.socalhomes.biz
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
Allison Fish…, Agent, Ann Arbor, MI
Fri Oct 19, 2012
This comes down to...how well do you know that neighborhood, community or your neighbor? This has been done many times before and if you have a trusting relationship with you Realror, you should consider going for it. If you are unsure of the neighborhood or dynamic you should think twice! If you are not unsure...offer your amount based on your Realtor's advice!
, ,
Fri Oct 19, 2012
It will not hurt to put a backup offer. If they will accept you will be happy, so do it
Web Reference:  http://resocialclub.com
Heather Paul, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
#1 A good agent to represent you is a must! Secondly, Real Estate is the most expensive item people purchase, this is a huge purchase to make site unseen! I would highly recommend if you do make an offer site unseen, make it contingent upon inspection of the property to protect yourself.

Feel free to give me a call and I can assist you.
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-923-2334
http://www.HeatherPaulOnline.com
Jane Peters, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Hopefully you have an agent guiding you. If it were me, I would have the agent find out how strong the buyers are, if there are any other backup offers, and a few other questions that they are going to know to ask. Otherwise, as said below, you are wasting your time, and any listing agent worth his or her salt is not going to seriously consider a backup offer from someone who has not seen the property.
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Mon Oct 15, 2012
I Don't ever recommend making an offer site unseen. From my experience working with sellers they don't look fondly upon it either because you are more of a risk to back out then a buyer who has actually seen the property. You want to make sure it is a house you really want to invest in and the only way to do that is to experience it fully.

Chris
southernchri…, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Write an offer subject to interior inspection
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Which part of the question may be unwise?

Backup Offer,?
Unseen,?
$415,000?

I would say that all 3 are unwise.
SERGEY FEDNOV…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
1. Use a proffessional and licensed realtor.
2. Write an offer subject to interior inspection.

Hope this info will help you!   

Please contact me anytime!
___________________________   
Free Consultation 424-777-9377   

Help with any Real Estate Transaction Buy & Sell!   

Thank you for your time.   

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777.   

Sergey Fednov   
President - Realtor   
- Trust Sale Realty -   
Residential & Commercial Real Estate   
_______________________________   
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55   
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377   
Fax: 310-356-4925 
http://www.TrustSale.com 
Sang and Son…, Agent, Los Angeles CA 90069, CA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Not advisable but if it's your only choice, make sure you have contingency periods in place and don't make an offer without an experience agent/broker working on your behalf.
Trina Rufo, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
If the property is located in the area, with the amenities that you were looking for and is within your price range, submitting an offer subject to interior inspection could actually help you. If you wait to submit until you view the home, it could be off the market. Many buyers are electing to go this route since multiple offers are now becoming more the norm.