Question removed

Asked by Martha, 15221 Mon Jun 30, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Gary Miljour, , Chandler, AZ
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Cleo,
I will answer your question from my perspective as a mortgage lender. I would start the process of gettng pre-approved up front for that mortgage. Its sounds like Heidi and Michael below would both be good agents to help you. If the interest rates go up by 1/2 percent, it might just price you out of that price point. My advice would be to start looking now. You have a great opportunity because the real estate marke has bottomed out in most of Arizona. If you have any questions for me, please feel free to contact me.
Web Reference:  http://www.garymiljour.com
Vera Wallace, Agent, Marana, AZ
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Good for you in the current market it will pay to look forward with the free services of a buyers agent. They can help you with neighborhood overviews and prices. A good agent will meet with you get to know your desires and preview homes for you to save you time and money. Meeting with a mortgage consultant will get the ball rolling that way you are pre-quilafied and know your peramiters. This also helps in negotiations! I would be happy to assist you as a buyers agent check out my website where you will have access to the local MLS and mortgage calculators, area information ect. Hope to hear from you soon.
Vera Wallace
Long Realty
520-918-5730
vwallace@longrealty.com
Winnie Lee, , Tucson, AZ
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Hello Cleo,

I applaud you for starting early. Do some research on prospective neighborhoods, drive around at different times of the day and even on weekends. Real Estate agents can recommend neighborhoods but you will be the one who will be living there. Talk to a lender and get pre-qualified first before you start looking though so you understand your bottom line. No one can predict the future but it's not likely that things will turn around that quickly. I'd be happy to sit down with you and help you understand the home buying process. I can be reached at (520) 331-1086 Winnie Lee Long Realty Company
Web Reference:  http://www.WinWithWinnie.com
Heidi Guyton, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Cleo,

Don't worry too much about the market rebounding so quickly. While we can't predict the future, you should be fine at $150,000 in a year. Have you already been prequalified? Don't wait until the last minuite to make sure your credit is in tip top condition. Sometimes lenders can help you bring your credit to an even higher score which in turn may help in the lending process. If you would like some help I would be happy to assist you in finding the right lender, and the right house at the right price.

Best of luck,
Heidi Guyton
Realty Executives
520.419.1612
hguyton2@aol.com
Michael Krot…, Agent,
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Hi Cleo,

Good to hear you're considering buying in Tucson. I just ran a quick search for the 85716 zip code with the criteria you gave and 18 results came up (I am including a link to the Tucson MLS) below so you can check for yourself.

As far as a strategy, I would say information is king. Find an experienced, helpful Realtor, one that you get along with, and learn as much as you can about the neighborhoods, comparable sales and the homebuying process.

As far as tips on neighborhoods, it really depends on what kind of feel you would like. For a home near amenities and within walking distance of many things consider living near El Con Mall. You could also look near Himmel Park which would put you near the edge of the University.

Hope this helps!
Web Reference:  http://www.tarmls.com