Question removed

Asked by Katie, San Jose, CA Mon Jun 30, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

10
Patrick John…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Thu Jul 3, 2008
Hi Katie,

As with Ali, your question requires that some additional questions be asked. Cambrian Park encompasses an area of varied neighborhoods spread about two main ZIP codes, 95118 and 95124. There are a variety of school districts that serve these areas, Cambrian, San Jose Unified, Union, Campbell Union, and even more schools with different levels of scores and desirability. So you can see that a broad brush would not be a fair answer. In a quick analysis 95124 held it's own a bit better than 95118. Overall there is a stronger school mix in 95124.

I hope this helps. =) If you are interviewing agents, please check out my Trulia profile and website - http://www.dreamsbytheyard.com. I am very familiar with the area in which you are interested. I am a Bay Area native and have spent the majority of my time in western Santa Clara County.

Patrick
(408) 410-9139
http://www.dreamsbytheyard.com
Sanjoseselle…, Home Seller, San Jose, CA
Wed Jul 2, 2008
Katie,
I forgot to add. If I got an offer 4.9% or less below my asking price, the answer would be "YES!"
Wed Jul 2, 2008
Hi Katie,
I have a home for sale in the Cambrian. I can tell you that if I received an offer that low, I would really think about either ignoring it or countering. We worked really hard with our Realtor to price our home based on the neighborhood and the drop in sales price that we don't think that a buyer is serious or solvent when an offer is made that much below asking.
Grace Keng, Agent, Santa Clara, CA
Tue Jul 1, 2008
Katie,

Do you have a real estate professional help you? Ask your real estate agent to answer you and TRUST your agent because your agent will get you the best deal.

Grace
Bill Mccord, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Katie,
If you phrase the question wrongly it is likely that the answer you get will be meaningless. If you really want to know the fair market value of a property then you get your Realtor to show and explain the recent history for the specific location and similar homes. You can then try to obtain a lower price from a position of knowledge regarding the maximum you might consider.
You should bear in mind that the Cambrian Area, along with 90% of Santa Clara County ,has already bottomed out and the number of homes for under contract for sale was up last week for the 4th succesive week while the number actually for sale was down by 23%.
No need to rush but also little chance of a steal.
Scott Rose, , 33071
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Hi Katie, all great answers so far, but I would also like to add that all sellers are different. I think you need to discuss with your agent a point low enough to open negotiations while also not making the seller so angry they shut down on you. Find the balance and make the offer.
Debt Free Da…, , 85260
Mon Jun 30, 2008
I think it depends more on the house and what the comps are rather than a broad generalization.
Web Reference:  http://GetPrequalified.com
Claudia A. A…, Agent, Longmont, CO
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Katie;
Right now in most areas it is a Buyer's market. Which means just like any other commodity when there is more of the product is drives the price down then when there is fewer than it drives the price up. Having your agent pull recent solds and actually viewing the home will give your agent a better idea what the offer price should be. Not all sellers are motivated to sell so be willing to counter back if the seller wants to work with your offer. Looking for the perfect home should take some time. Good luck in your home search.
Dot Chance, Agent, Burbank, CA
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Hi, Katie:

You should have your agent pull the comps for you so you can make your decision based off that. I am seeing prices in my area go anywhere from 5% below to sometimes 7% above list price.

If you are looking at short sales and REOs the list price does not actually reflect how much it will sell for. The best way to go is to see the comps of SOLD properties in the area.
Web Reference:  http://www.DotChance.com
Ali Moein, Agent, Saratoga, CA
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Hello Katie,
Answering this question requires more information than knowing the area of the home. In order to give you a reasonable answer one must SEE the home you're interested in. Please consult with your Realtor and look at the available data specific to the home you're interested in, you'll easily see the answer to your question.

Ali Moein
(408)439-5748