Question removed

Asked by hello12345, Worcester, MA Wed Sep 12, 2012

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

3
Susan Sells…, Agent, Andover, MA
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Depending on the current state of the estate, it can vary. An estate attorney would be able to do it if all was in order and all heirs were accessible and agreeable in less than 4 weeks in most cases- sometimes quicker.
Great question to ask. Also, I'd ask if there is an appointed executor or administrator. This determines if one person can direct the process of obtaining the license. Also, estate law requires the appointed party to get the best price for the estate so until the sale is approved by the court (license to sell) they will market the home and present offers. They can be relatively simple transactions and lots of times I see well-maintained, solid homes that are maybe out dated but fairly priced. They will be the avocado green, shag carpet and wall papered properties if you want to recognize one. LOL
If your real estate agent is familiar with the process and asks the right questions to the right people. Hope this helps.
Wen Farina, Agent, Reading, MA
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Are you referring to a court approval to sell an estate or getting your real estate license?
Web Reference:  http://www.wenrealty.com
Court approval
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Wed Sep 12, 2012
you must take the 40 hour course and then the state exam. The course is offered online, and at many real estate schools and some continiued ed programs. Some cram the course into 4 long days.

Check out Lee Institute and Area School
I may have worded my question wrong. I am buying the estate. Closing date is 8 days away, and seller is just today submitting the application to the probate for the license to sell. Any idea how long court approval takes?
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012