Question removed

Asked by Jeremy, Milwaukee, WI Mon Jun 16, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

3
Pete Rondello…, Agent, Minocqua, WI
Mon Jun 16, 2008
Hi Jeremy:
We still have people that want their units inspected. Depending on the age of the unit, there may be GFCI outlets missing, interior plumbing that is not done right, or leaking, and perhaps even mold issues that affect individual units. Are the included appliances in good working order? An inspector may also notice roofing or siding on the common building that may require attention in the near future, which may impact condo association resources and assessments.
In our area, these inspections average about $300 - $400, which is money well spent if there are issues.
You may wish to interview inspectors in Milwaukee to see what they might offer you, and how much it will cost. Best wishes!
John L. Gard…, , Suffolk County, NY
Thu Jun 26, 2008
I always recommend to my clients that they have an inspection done - even on a condo. Know what? The inspections have almost always found issues. Usually minor ones and some, very large. This has also been true of new construction homes that I have sold.. Hey, for the peace of mind in purchasing such a large investment, have the inspection done by a qualified, licensed engineer. Ask if they have any promotional coupons or discounts available.
lsdfka kl;fa…, , Milwaukee County, WI
Mon Jun 16, 2008
Jeremy,

Is the condo a re-sale or new construction? The answer is yes if it is a re-sale. With new construction it can be redundant to have an inspection, however make sure the developer offers a warranty and that you have a pre-closing inspection. If you need a recommendation for an inspector please let me know