Question removed

Asked by Zoe Sharrona, Fort Lauderdale, FL Thu Jun 28, 2012

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

8
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Tue Jul 3, 2012
You need to get off the condo thing and buy a house!

Condo assoc. are not going to put up with 2 large dogs. And if by chance you do find one, do you really want to be running them down the hallway, into the elevator, then to an area they can "go" in 3 or 4 times a day? On top of that, your neighbors will hate you and blame your dogs for all kinds of things.

My friends have an older Y-lab and it's been a real pain living in a condo. They live in an upscale condo and once when their Lab was sick, and she had to go, it was all the way down the hallway and in the elevator, not a good thing when the neighbors opened their door! lol

When you factor in those high HOA fees and the MUCH better loan terms borrowers can get on a home, look at buying a house with a fenced backyard where all you have to do is open the door!

-
Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
David Levent…, , Longboat Key, FL
Mon Jul 2, 2012
going to be hard to get a condo fyi with big dogs , you may have to consider a home, the condos that do allow these big dogs also will have certain type of breeds not allowed, and over all not alot of them so you are very limited in your choices is all i am saying
let me know if we can help with you purchase
David Leventhal
the Leventhal Team
Genevieve Ra…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Zoe,
There are a number of Condos that allow large dogs. Ofcourse that limits where you can look to buy. Are you looking exclusively in Sarasota and Bradenton? My niece has a Bull Mastiff - pretty big and heavy and she rents. So I am sure what you are asking is possible.
I work with dedicated agents in and around the Sarasota area. I would be happy to refer you to one of them.
Work with a dedicated agent.
Genevieve Ramachandran
Lynn Brock, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Zoe Sharrona, The newer condos like Beau Ciel and the Ritz allow two large dogs. You will have to determine if they offer units at your price point. Most condos that do allow pets have a weight limit of 30lbs and under.

There are very few complexes in Sarasota that allow for pets let alone big dogs. You may also encounter a breed restriction.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com

If you'd like to search the MLS like an agent in real time, you can visit our website and sign up for a free Listing Book account. You will be able to change the search criteria to suit yourself and received morning reports regarding new listings, price changes and recent pendings.
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Yes, it is a cumbersome process. The MLS listing will tell you if pets are allowed. But it usually requires you to read the homeowner association rules and regulations to find out how many dogs and if there is a weight limit. A Realtor can help you narrow down the communities. There is no specific list. Just a pet feature in the MLS that a Realtor can search for you. Most agents will either put Yes or No for Pets Allowed. But they do not enter anything for the Pet Restrictions, unless they know it or the seller provided it to them.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty - http://www.greenlionrealty.com
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
Michael Gran…, Agent, Longboat Key, FL
Thu Jun 28, 2012
I specialize in finding condos for dog owners and yes they do exist for large dogs. Please contact me mg@granston.com. Michael Granston Century 21 Dockside Realty
michael beni…, Agent, bradenton, FL
Thu Jun 28, 2012
That is gonna be a tough one not for yhe dog sake but the size most have a number of pets and a size maximum I have never seen 100lbs honestly the highest I recall is 60lbs. You may want to explore a single family to be sure of not having a problem.Please feel free to contact me.

Michael Beninato
Re/max Alliance Group
cell: 941-479-2777
email: michaelb1@remax.net
Ken Ipox, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Zoe,

There are a number of different places that will allow your pets that are condo style properties. Which ones that are available would depend on your price levels.

Please contact me directly for a complete list of options and other needs that you are looking for when you move and I would be happy to assist you!

Thank you and have a Great Day.

Ken Ipox Premier Sotheby's International Realty
http://www.kenipox.com
Direct 941-993-7279
kenipox@comcast.net