Question removed

Asked by Rita Douglas, Harkers Island, NC Sat May 31, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

12
Mark Karten, , Las Vegas, NV
Sat May 31, 2008
I can unequivocally say you will not have a problem getting a loan. Even without your 800+ credit scores, putting 20% down on a home will allow you to buy a home. What your credit score does is allow you to pay a lower interest rate.

As you read anything that is not specifically written about you, take it with a grain of salt. My suggestion is to focus on the sale of your home now, and you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy you will be approved. The tough part will be finding and acquiring the home of your dreams. I wish you the best of luck in your sale and your future search.
Debt Free Da…, , 85260
Sat May 31, 2008
With scores like that you shouldn't have a problem. To get the best rates you will need to document your income. Most likely you will need to show two years of tax returns. If you are self employed and write alot off, you may have some trouble.
Web Reference:  http://getprequalified.com
Leslie, , 89031
Sat May 31, 2008
From all the information you provided, you are in an excellent position to qualify for a loan and purchase the house of your dreams. There's no need to worry. I don't foresee any problems. If you would like, I can put you in touch with a loan officer who can answer all of your questions. Please don't hesitate to call me at 702-349-8421 or e-mail me at leslie525@cox.net if I can be of any more help. I look forward to helping you find that perfect home for you and your family.
Web Reference:  http://www.leslieedgar.com
The Ballen G…, , Las Vegas, NV
Sat May 31, 2008
As mos tof the agents have said, you would be a mortgage lenders dream if your information is accurate. We don't see a lot of 800 credit scores and your down payment is a considerable "chunk of change". We wish there were more buyers like you in Las Vegas and would welcome the opportunity to help you find your Las Vegas Real Estate. You can search the Ls Vegas MLS live on our website at http://www.TheBallenGroup.com
Bill Johnson, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sat May 31, 2008
Rita, the banks are making people jump through more hoops, but I don’t see you having any problems. The other question is the location and area of Las Vegas that you would like to live in and the cost of those homes in those areas. Feel free to go to my website and search homes in the Las Vegas Valley to see what appeals to you and your husband.
Jim Johnson, , 78233
Sat May 31, 2008
You're kidding, right? If not, rest assured, your scores and financial strength will be more than enough, assuming that your income meets the ratios for the loan you want. The best thing to do is to talk to your bank's mortgage loan officer to see what your credit limit may be.
Julie, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sat May 31, 2008
Do the smart thing: find a mortgage broker you trust and submit your paperwork for Peace of mind. It will take less than a day and you'll know for sure

Not knowing you and all the particulars of your credit report (ie: revolving balance, lines open, if you have liens or judgements) there is no way to tell. I have clients all the time who tell me they have great credit, and when it comes down to checking it, it isn't even good.

Leonardo Mon…, Agent, Rancho Mirage, CA
Sat May 31, 2008
Hi Rita,

Based on the information you posted in here it looks as is you are not going to have problems obtaining a loan. Of course there are other issues loan brokers look into besides the credit score but having suck a good credit score is a great start. Good luck.
Leonardo
Web Reference:  http://www.leonardoteam.com
Len McGuirk, , Las Vegas, NV
Sat May 31, 2008
Hi Rita,

You are definitely in a great situation compared to many others that do not have such great credit or money to put down. You should have no problem in getting financed. If you can't sell your home in NC and you plan on carrying both homes, a lender will still look at your DTI (Debt to Income) ratio to determine if you can afford both homes. If you end up selling the home in NC first, then you will be able to purchase a home here without a problem.

If you would like a hard-working agent to help you find and purchase a home here, please consider contacting me. I have helped many home buyers relocate to Las Vegas by finding the home they desire and doing all the legwork for them. I would basically be your "eyes & ears" here in Las Vegas. I love working with buyers that are relocating here because I can really show my professionalism and dedication to them. You can contact me at (702) 203-6688 anytime. I would then start by connecting you with a great lender for your financing and going about looking for the home you desire. Hope to hear from you. Take care...

Len McGuirk, Realtor
Prudential Americana Group
(702) 203-6688
LenM@AmericanaGrp.com
Rita Douglas, Both Buyer And Seller, Harkers Island, NC
Sat May 31, 2008
Thank you to all whom have answered. I appreciate the imput.
Chris Shouse, Agent, California City, CA
Sat May 31, 2008
You should have no problems qualifying for a loan, that having been said you should contact a mortgage broker that handles Las Vegas. He or she can tell you for sure and maybe put some options out there to get you moved while your home in NC is on the market. Price your home in NC to sell and it should go quickly. Prices in Las Vegas have been going down but properties are starting to sell. I hope you will consider me in your search for a new home here in Las Vegas. It is a buyers market.
Web Reference:  http://realsummerlin.com
Sat May 31, 2008
No, I am not kidding. Here in Harkers Island, NC. real estate is very slow. I have been told (mostly by real estate agents) that the reason for this, is because hardly anyone is able to get a loan. Could the lenders be that different here? It IS nice to read that we are going to be ok to buy there. Our house purchase price is based on the online calculators. We do not want to max out our income, so have decided to buy less than we qualify for. We have already made one mistake, we built this huge house on Harkers Island. Which is at the end of all civilization as you know it.