Question removed

Asked by Krp2228, Monroeville, PA Mon May 21, 2012

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue May 22, 2012
Your agent can better advise, consider a consultation; in order to determine a fair offer review comps, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, see what the data suggests and go from there. Keep in mind that if a property is priced on target, or slightly below multiple offers may occur...
Luther Worma…, Agent, Monroeville, PA
Tue May 22, 2012
Krp2228, think of this in a different light. What are you and your family willing to pay for this home. The list price is really just beginning of negotiations between buyer and seller. Certainly there are things to consider such as location, future resale value, and sometimes even status. I always recommend speaking with a professional agent (not all agents qualify.) If you don't have one, please feel free to contact me directly. You may think that just by offering a fair price will be easier but this is sadly not always the case. Hope this helped.
Randy Berner, Agent, Murrysville, PA
Tue May 22, 2012
As others have said here, your agent is best suited to help you with an analysis of the local market. He/she will be able to analyze the neighborhood and the comps with more up-to-date information than is available to you. If you are an unrepresented buyer or seller you are depriving yourself of an expert and a professional, trained to do exactly what you are asking.
In very general terms, when an offer is accepted it's because the offer is between 94 and 100% of the list price. The seller thinks, "I got most of what I wanted." The buyer thinks, "I got a little bit of a deal." Then you have a successful transaction. But remember, the appraiser will have a big influence on the ultimate outcome. I live in Monroeville and I work in Murrysville. If you need an agent, feel free to call me. Randy Berner...412-302-8351.
Virginia Stu…, Agent, Irwin, PA
Tue May 22, 2012
Kalya gives good advice. It is no secret that most homes are placed on the market at a higher price than the seller expects. Pennsylvanians dicker over houses and cars. The key is to look at several homes in the same price range to see their differences. Ask your real estate agent to pull some sold homes for you, too, which is something we can easily do. If you enlist a "buyer's agent", that agent will work in your best interests to get you the best deal. For more information, please contact me at 724.331.1365 or Virginia.Stump@remax.net.
., , Reston, VA
Mon May 21, 2012
It depends on the condition of the house and if the house is over priced or not. Try to look up allegheny county tax assessment to find out how long they've had the property and what they paid for it that can give you a good idea. If you have a real estate agent helping you they'll help you get the best price possible.

I am located near Monroeville if you are interested in a real estate agent to help you make offers and show you houses.

Thanks!
hope I helped