Question removed

Asked by monica0312, Milwaukee, WI Wed May 16, 2012

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

7
Mona Elmore, Agent, Hales Corners, WI
Wed May 16, 2012
Monica: A Buyer Agency/Tenant Representation Agreement WB-36 would give your current Realtor some rights if you have signed one. If you have not signed one, you may certainly start working with another Realtor. If you have a signed Agreement and your Realtor showed you specific homes, he/she should provide you with a release from the Contract. He/she might also provide you with a list of homes by address that they specifically showed you and must be provided to the new Realtor. If you feel comfortable, let the current Realtor know why you no longer want to work with them as a means for them to make improvements. Thanks for your question!
so what if I'm not planning to buy any of the houses that she showed me. I'm planning to start looking again in about 5 or so ( I would like to save more money for down payment). Do I still need to contact her to release the contract? I have no problems letting her know why I don't want to work with her anymore, but she is the type of person who doesn't listen but if I have to talk to her again I will.
Flag Wed May 16, 2012
April Hayden…, Agent, Brookfield, WI
Wed May 16, 2012
First let me say that I'm sorry the house you put an offer in on didn't work out for you. That is always a disappointment to all involved!

As stated before - if you are in a Buyer Agency Agreement with the Realtor they would have certain rights.

If I was your agent I'd sure appreciate knowing why you'd like to work with someone else so I could make sure I didn't disappoint another buyer.

If you have further comments or questions feel free to contact me.
Good luck to you!
April
414-617-6728
We really loved the house, but there was sooo many things wrong with it. Oh well
I did sign an agreement because she help us with the house that didn't pass inspection. My husband and don't want to work with her. I do want to be honest so this is the main reason that I asked this question. I did like her at the beginning, but I hate when people are pushy, and she started to show the attitude :" I just care about my commission" ( if you know what I mean).
Flag Wed May 16, 2012
Bob Haglund, Agent, Glendale, WI
Wed May 16, 2012
Monica,

First, have you spoken with your current Realtor about why you are not happy with him/her or the services being provided? You may be able to work things out and perhaps the feelings you have now may not be that big of a deal in the end. Second, the answer to that question may also depend on whether or not you have a buyer-agency agreement with that Realtor's broker.

Best of luck to you for a successful resolutuion to your situation.

Bob
Flag Wed May 16, 2012
Linda S. Cef…, Agent, Franklin, WI
Wed May 16, 2012
Mona has covered it pretty well. And keep in mind that being honest about the reasons may be a bit uncomfortable, but it is always best to be honest. You will feel better about it down the road and if your current agent is doing or not doing something that they should be, it will give him/her a chance to improve on whatever it is that you were not happy with.

Best of luck.
John Friedri…, Agent, Milwaukee, WI
Wed May 16, 2012
Eric is right, If you do not wnat to work with that realtor any further you do not have to. If you have not signed a Buyers agency agreement, it is no problem at all. If you have signed one, you need to talk to your realtor and let them you know you want to be released from your buyers agency contract, and get them to release you from the contract.

Good Luck.
Karen Block, Agent, Milwaukee, WI
Wed May 16, 2012
Did you sign a buyer agency agreement with your Realtor? If not, you can just stop working with them. If you did sign a Buyer Agency agreement with the Realtor then all parties will have to agree to be released from the Buyer Agency agreement.
Eric D Lenz, Agent, Greendale, WI
Wed May 16, 2012
Unless you signed an agency contract with your current Realtor, you can just stop working with that person. It would be good to tell them that you've decided to use somebody else, though.