Question removed

Asked by Coyan, Fri May 11, 2007

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

7
David Saunde…, , 28078
Sun May 13, 2007
Speaking as a person that does not sell Homes I would answer YES! My wife and I came to Huntersville, NC fom the San Francisco, CA area and paid for our rancher with the profit.

Our lifestyle is so much more peaceful now and in Huntersville (20 minutes to Charlotte) the kids are well brought up with a very, very low crime rate.

Almost everything is new in Huntersville - except some classic older buildings.

We are minutes from Lake Norman and have everything we need on our doorsteps.

My wife and I were concerned about the "Redneck Factor" which we were constantly getting "warned" about in California - I fire back to California - I have seen no rednecks in two years yet saw many daily in the Bay Area - so Redneck must be some sort of state of mind and not a geographical factor.

Oh Yes we have a Nordstrom and Macy's too but REALLY need a Trader Joes.

Blight??? We have a great Town council that does not let auto dealers and such have balloons and giant gorilla's everywhere and even the the golden arches are hard to spot!

We love it here in Huntersville

David Saunders (British Chap)
Kristie, , 28557
Tue May 15, 2007
I am a broker here on the Crystal Coast in Eastern NC - Carteret County. Yes, Yes, Yes... Now is a good time to buy. The market is not what it was a year or so ago and is flooded with homes to choose from.
Web Reference:  http://www.kristiesager.com
Kelli Sheppe, , Charlotte, NC
Tue May 15, 2007
Well, according to forbes.com, Charlotte is the #1 least overpriced metropolitan area in the country and Raleigh is number 3. So, based on that and the feedback I get from the dozens of relocation clients we settle in Charlotte every year, I would say yes.
Leigh Brown, Agent, Concord, NC
Tue May 15, 2007
We are getting a Trader Joe's-in fact, two of them!! Very excited, getting an IKEA as well. Real estate and everything else is finally booming around here, we didn't experience the 'bubble' that so many markets did. I would agree with one of the other answers, whether or not to buy depends on you and your situation. We're on the uptick-even the national media admits it.
Cathy Bosch, , 27518
Mon May 14, 2007
I am a Broker/Realtor in Raleigh and the surrounding areas including Wake Forest,Cary, Apex Holly Springs, & Fuquay Varina. Business is booming here. Prices are continually rising so if you have a desire to move here it is better to buy sooner rather than later. If I can provide you with more information, just let me know because I am always glad to help.
Marvin EMarv…, Agent,
Fri May 11, 2007
Buying in any place is really dependent on many things, like your personal situation, your resources, the property, the neighborhood, etc. There can be great buys and bad ones in any location. As far as buying is concerned, there is are normally great buys in any location. So to answer your question directly: The answer is Yes and No. :)
Web Reference:  http://creiZ.com
Robert Clay, Agent, Brevard, NC
Fri May 11, 2007
As with all real estate, it depends on the location. Here in western North Carolina (Brevard, Hendersonville, Asheville) our market is still good and if you ask me, the mountain lifestyle is unbeatable. In fact Asheville is ranked 7th in the country as "the best place in America to live." Our home values continue to grow while other market areas are down, or at the least, stable. There are great values for people relocating here as well as those looking for vacation homes. Yes, we've seen a slight downturn this year, but since many of our buyers, especially second homes buyers, come from Florida, our slump is more of a reflection of the slow market along the Gulf Coast.
Land values continue to be extremely strong...increasing at a greater rate that homes. Land, especially when you want views, streams, rivers, etc. is in great demand. Hope this helps!
Web Reference:  http://www.nc-clayteam.com