Question removed

Asked by Guy, Sacramento, CA Tue Apr 29, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

3
Rob McQuade, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Apr 29, 2008
Hi, Guy... You've become quite the regular on here! Though you haven't signed anything committing you to your relative, it would be nice to keep the relationship an amicable one.

One thought would be to have your family member "introduce" you to your next agent--even if you've already chosen that agent (I know you're a big fan of Erin, for example) and ask the new agent to pay a referral fee for doing so. In this market, I think it's likely that an agent would be willing to pay a reasonable referral fee--and your current agent might be as willing to part ways in the business relationship as you are.

Whatever you do, please be honest and have a good talk with your family member. I'd recommend this to anyone who's unhappy with their current agent, but it's doubly important with a friend or relative. Sometimes an agent isn't aware that the relationship isn't working, now's your chance to explain how you're feeling. If you don't think there's any way to "fix" the current relationship, then say so.

Best of luck to you and I hope things all work out!

Rob McQuade, ABR, REALTOR®
McMartin Realty | 2031 K St Ste 100 | Sacramento, CA 95811-4253
Tel (916) 444-7577 or Toll Free (866) 720-CITY (2489)

http://www.RobMcQuade.com
Rebecca Cham…, , Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Tue Apr 29, 2008
Hi Guy, I would first ask, what the problem was with each offer. Did the properties sell for higher than your offer? If that is the case..then it's probably more circumstance and less agent. An agent can only act on your behalf. They advise you but ultimately you make the decision as to what sort of offer you want to make.

I would probably sit down with your current agent and discuss the reason offers aren't being accepted. If it isn't price or terms...then I'm sure he would agree it might be best to move on.
John MacArth…, Agent, Washington, DC
Tue Apr 29, 2008
I think you owe him an honest discussion. Maybe you can go over your feelings at a nice restaurant. You can pick up the check. He will never learn to succeed if he never realizes he has failed.