Question removed

Asked by King Osiris, Saint Louis, MO Fri Apr 22, 2011

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

15
Justin Ruzic…, Agent, Greenville, SC
Sun Apr 24, 2011
Demetrus,

I am a big fan of Loyatly, this is a characteristic we need more of in todays internet driven, none face interaction lifestyles we have become acustomed to living. Don't go find another agent, give yours a call, email, maybe leave a message asking if everything is ok. We are humans, and our families get sick, our relatives pass away, our wives are pregant who may be "demanding" of our time durring the difficulties of pregnancy. My point is, you are important to your realtor, but life is just as delicate in our lives as it may be in your life someday. Be patient, I am sure in the end it will pay off ten fold!

ps. Here is a blog i wrote about passion for real estate, might be fun read for you.
http://blog.house-guy.com/2011/04/passion-to-help-others.html

best of luck
Web Reference:  http://blog.house-guy.com
Patricia Uri…, Agent, Sterling Heights, MI
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Do you have a buyer's agency agreement with your realtor? If so, then you need to sit withyour realtor and have a discussion about communications. How often you want to hear from them, how you want that commmunication to take place, via test, email, voicemail, etc. If the issue does not get resolved then you have the right to go to his/her broker (if you have a signed agency agreement) and find another agent. Good Luck.
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Fri Apr 22, 2011
It sounds to me as if you need to call your agent, have a meeting and discuss how you two are going to work together. If you can not come to an agreement then look for another agent. Start with your own agent first.
Web Reference:  http://www.terrivellios.com
Brenda Feria, Agent, Richmond, VA
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Demetrus, If you have not heard from your agent in a week, I have one question: Have you signed an agreement with your agent to find you a home? If you have not committed to your agent, I can understand your agent not committing to you. In order for a partnership to work, both parties need to know what is expected from the other in the partnershp.

Making a living in real estate requires many closings per year. That means many clients. Because most agents have bills and need to pay them, they spend their time and efforts where they feel that they have a better chance of a business relationship, which will ultimately end in a commmission being paid. If you like this agent, and feel comfortable looking at homes with him/her, then call and ask to see the property. Let him/her know what you expect him/her as your agent. If this agent is serious about his career, he/she will become motivated and find you the home that you want.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Fri Apr 22, 2011
No, why not call your agent and let them know you want to look at the homes you have found? Unless you have a part-time agent we sometimes get busy with this or that and sometimes we go out of town on trips (expected or unexpected). Unless there are other reasons, I would just call your agent and let them know you have an interest in seeing some more homes. Now, if you don't hear back soon, then you might have a point.
Trevor Hunti…, Agent, Port ludlow, WA
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Demetrus - It is unfortunate that your agent has not been more attentive to your needs. If you like the agent had been working with I would call just to let them know you are ready to view a few properties. You never know they may have had a personal emergency that has left them unavailable for a few days.

If you have called already and still haven't heard from them or you didn't feel you had a good relationship with your agent to begin with, then yes I would look for another agent and should you choose to look for another agent I would talk to friends and family and see if they have anyone they would recommend. Referals are the best way for agent and buyer/seller to find each in my opinion since someone you trust liked the agent and the service they had provided you can go into the relationship with a little more confidence and trust going into your working relationhip with the agent.

Best of wishes,

Trevor
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Sun Apr 24, 2011
If you ahve a buyer's agreement you could end up paying them a commission anyway. Make sure you don't.
Scott Hulen, , 64068
Sun Apr 24, 2011
They could be busy filling sand bags I hear flooding is a concern this week in Hannibal. Try to contact the agent or their broker first.
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Sun Apr 24, 2011
Think you should stay the course until you find out why you cannot reach your Agent
Terri McColl, Agent, Laurel, MD
Sun Apr 24, 2011
What stage of the buying process are you in? Are you actively going out to see properties or are you still waiting for bank approval? If you are actively searching for a home has your agent set you up on auto email alerts either from his/her own website or through MRIS? I usually set my clients up on auto email alerts and when they see a home that they like they let me know. If I have not heard from them in a week and I know they are actively looking I will call them to see how things are going and if they have seen anything that they like. Tell your agent that you are not happy with his/her communication and that you would like to be set up on auto emails. If you don't get the results that you want then by all means get a new agent.
William DeCo…, Agent, Geneva, NY
Sun Apr 24, 2011
Hi Denetrus F.

If you thought the service you had previously was a good experience and you felt comfortable with him/her, maybe you should call the manager at the office to find out if there was an emergency.

There has been times in the past that things have arose that no-one has control over but part of my responsibility at that time goes to my client and are notified given the opportunity to work with a follow agent or wait for my return. I like to keep in touch.

David Rogoff…, , Brooklyn, NY
Sun Apr 24, 2011
In these times you will have no issue finding another agent to work with. So give your salesperson another ring and see what is going on.

Unfortunately, many agent will limit the time spent with buyers and move on but it worth a try to call if you thought he/she was doing a good job.

Bonnie Chernin and David Rogoff
Fillmore Real Estate Branch #19

917-593-4068 (CELL)
http://www.davidrogoff@fillmore.com
Craig Fialko…, Agent, Wellington, FL
Sun Apr 24, 2011
There can be many reasons an agent does not return calls, one may infact be the agent no longer wishes to work with the buyer for whatever reason or have a family emergency that is also causing the lack of response. You may want to call the broker to see if the agent is ok, or maybe there is another agent in the office that can assist you in their absense.

All the best!
Gita Bantwal, Agent, Jamison, PA
Sun Apr 24, 2011
Call the agent and also call the office and ask if the agent is away or has an emergency. The office usually has information and also can contact the agent at home or if they are on vacation.
Web Reference:  http://www.gitabantwal.com
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Apr 23, 2011
Demetrus,

Communication is a two way street....consider calling them before.....