Question removed

Asked by Ian Hill, Edmonds, WA Tue Mar 4, 2008

This question was removed by Trulia moderators.

Answers

3
Bryan R. Lov…, , Lynnwood, WA
Tue Mar 4, 2008
Ian,

The first question I would ask such a client is are they planning to stay in the home for more then two years? If the answer is yes then take a comforting look at the history of real estate in the Seattle market. You will see that homes have always gained in value from one year to the next.

Second, interest rates are incredible but are starting to inch there way back up a little at a time. I’m not going to quote rates and totals but do a little math on what it would cost your client should the interest go up just 1/4 of a percent. This increase by the way is very likely to happen, if not even by more.

Last, the market is such that you can afford to see if people are willing to sell for a little less.

If you have a buyer that is able to buy but wants to sit on the fence, explain these details mentioned. Then let them realize, sitting on the fence will more likely cost them a lot more money in the end.

Hope this information helps.
Web Reference:  http://www.homelantern.com
Courtney Coo…, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Mar 4, 2008
Hi again - I amswered your other one, too - here is what I said:
Ian - I wanted to welcome you to Trulia - I think you have some great info to share. Asking a question is great, but asking it to answer it is not really how Trulia works - do you have a blog maybe? You should take some time and check out this great site - check out the guidelines and maybe spend some time looking at other questions and answers.
I wish you luck!
I do look forward to seeing some of the answers you can provides others!
Ian Hill, Agent, Edmonds, WA
Tue Mar 4, 2008
Regardless of the "doom and gloom" stories your nightly news likes to report, now is a great time to buy real estate. While the 2007 collapse of the sub-prime mortgage industry triggered disaster headlines all across the country, the truth is that numbers are trending upwards and consumers are ready for action.

Now is a great time to buy because all the "fence-sitters" who thought it might be too risky to put their homes on the market are now itching to get moving. They are encouraged by two recent news events:

First, the U.S. Government has created the FHA Modernization Act of 2007, which makes it easier for people who can't afford traditional loans to find reputable loan programs. This will end many of the "predatory" practices of certain sub-prime lenders, while maintaining the ability for lower-income individuals to buy a home.

Second, the National Association of Realtors (NAR) reports that as 2007 ends, nationwide home sales are once again trending upward. This is amazing news for an industry that has received a series of severe blows by the news media in the last year.

Both of these recent developments are "booster shots" to the real estate market. With such good news, people who had been fearful to list their homes are reassured by a more positive outlook.

And there are a lot of them! After sitting on the fence for months, the good news will motivate them into action in 2008—which will make this year a great time to buy a home.

If you've been thinking about it, give me a call at (206) 769-5477 or drop me an e-mail at ianhill@windermere.com I'm your own personal real estate consultant. No hard sell. No pressure. I too am a member of your community and want to do good by my neighbors. Allow me the opportunity to be your one-stop source of real estate information, even if you're just mulling over a purchase or just want to know what's going on in real estate in your neighborhood