Question removed

Asked by Jean, Tampa, FL Mon Jan 21, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

9
Paula Bean, , Orlando, FL
Mon Jan 21, 2008
Hi Jean,

I meant to post another comment but got busy.... but here I am again!

Phil is right, Ocala or Gainesville would be good choices for you. If you go to google maps you'll find that the biggest problem is the Pensacola area - WAAAY on the west coast of the panhandle and 6 hours to Jax or Tampa.

Depending on why you picked those three cities, you might want to take a look at the Ocala or Gainesville area, a good central point to Tampa and Jax and you don't have to get on Interstate 4.

Hope this helps!!
Phil Fowler, Agent, Brandon, FL
Mon Jan 21, 2008
Hi Jean,

I would suggest Ocala. Easy access to Tampa on I 75S; I75 N then hop on to I10E to Jacksonville and I10 W to Pensacola. That would be might best recommendation and there are some great deals in Ocala too.

Feel free to contact me if you need more information.
Web Reference:  http://www.PhilFowler.com
Lisa Jones, , Eustis, FL
Mon Feb 4, 2008
Hi Jean,
I would recommend looking in Lake County. It is in between Jacksonville and Tampa. A good commute either direction and I would fly from Orlando to Pensacola. Hope that helps you.
Durenda Fach…, , Coastal Tampa Bay area. Pinellas and Pasco Counties.
Fri Feb 1, 2008
Jean,
if you want easy driving commute among the cities, the Ocala and Gainesville suggestions below are excellent. If you want a home with land and horses with close proximity to tourist areas Ft. White (a little north of Gainesville is a good choice)
If you prefer commuter flights among these 3 cities, the Tampa Bay Area may be a strong possibility because of the convenient choice of 2 airports.
Best of luck
Brenda W. St…, , Keystone Heights, FL
Fri Feb 1, 2008
by the way, don't let the answer from Orlando scare you. You can avoid I-4 unless you try to go to Orlando of course. and I-4 is not so much the problem as is I drive in the business district of Orlando, and since you didn't mention Orlando I'd stay away until you want to visit a theme park or two.
Brenda W. St…, , Keystone Heights, FL
Fri Feb 1, 2008
check out Lake City area, it's right at I-75 and I-10 intersection. I-10 will take you to Pensacola and Jax and I-75 to Tampa. I'm a florida native, new in the real estate business. Trust me, Ocala's inner arteries are a nightmare on a good day. Lake city area is more rural but still has plenty to offer. Tampa is maybe 2-2 1/2 hours from there, Jax is maybe an hour or 1 1/2. Pensacola is your biggest issue being at the end of the panhandle probably about 4 hours from Lake City. The interstates are not that bad except of course into the major cities at rush hours. I'd stick close to I-10 though because of the Pensacola issue, maybe even west of Lake City. Tallahasse is closer to Pensacola but then Tampa will be a trip for you.
Vicki Succi, , Ocala, FL
Thu Jan 31, 2008
Hi Jean, Ocala might be ideally located for you. I live in Ocala and my husband goes to Tallahassee a couple of a month on business. It's a 3 hour drive and the traffic isn't too bad on I-75 and I -10. My mother-in-law lives in Jacsonville, that about 1 1/2 hours and Tampa is about 1 1/2 hours also.
Like the rest of Florida, we are experiencing a strong buyers market, bargains galore. :-) The prices for a single family home here in the Ocala area have always provided more sq ft for the $ compared to other larger cities.
Send me your contact info and I can email you some properties to preview.
Paula Bean, , Orlando, FL
Mon Jan 21, 2008
Get a pilots license ;-) lol!

The traffic to get to all 3 of these area's would be a nightmare. What are you trying to do? Maybe there is another option? Jax and Pensacola are fairly close to each other, but Tampa is WAAAAY DOWN on the map. Do you need to travel frequently?
Give more info and we can help..

What is the reason why these 3 cities are so important?
Which one is TOPS on the list?
Are you trying to be close to your job and husband?

To be frank, if you could deal with the North Fl area, then hopping a plane to Tampa would be a good solution.... You do NOT want to drive that Interstate, believe me, I do it every two weeks and of those who do, we call it the I-4 parking lot.

Just last week there was a major 70+ crash with several fatalities and many more injuries.... if you can avoid that, I highly suggest you do so, it is not worth it.
Myke Atwater, Agent, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Mon Jan 21, 2008
We are 50 miles east of Pensacola, and 50 miles west of Panama City, in a beautiful part of the state of Florida. I would suggest you consider somewhere around Panama City-Freeport area, Just off of Route 10. I would be happy to send you some sample listings of the area if you can give me more information.
Web Reference:  http://www.MykeTriebold.com