Question removed

Asked by Paul Hu, Pasadena, CA Sun Nov 18, 2007

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

6
Tisza Major-…, Agent, Upland, CA
Sun Nov 18, 2007
Hi Paul,

In order to answer that question accurately, one of the things to take into consideration would be where you work and which freeway would be using most often. I have lived near both and saw no huge difference between one or the other.

If you are thinking of purchasing a property as an investment, the looking for something nearer to UC Irvine might be wise as you can almost always find a student or a faculty member who wants housing near the campus.

If you have any other questions, or would like additional information, please feel free to get in touch with me.

Take care,

Tisza Major-Posner, Realtor, Keller Williams Claremont/La Verne (909) 837-8922
Web Reference:  http://Route66living.com
Paul Hu, , Pasadena, CA
Sat Dec 1, 2007
I also like the idea of students, prof, etc. near UC Irvine to keep the property values up.
Jackie Blank…, , North County, SD
Sat Nov 24, 2007
Yes, 405 is better than the 5, all else being equal. Like everyone said, you should take everything into consideration and find an area that's right for you. One thing I wanted to point out, if it is a rental property, it's not necessarily the best to buy near a university because while you'll probably have a large pool of renters, college students are not known for taking care of the property and they do tend to move in/out alot. And everytime someone moves in/out, it'll cost you. Again, it may not matter, if you're thinking of a 2bd condo w/out yard and you can afford to have your summer months not rented, but something to consider. Good luck!
Paul Hu, , Pasadena, CA
Fri Nov 23, 2007
Based on my research, it looks like 405 is better since it is closer to the beach, cooler, closer to UCI and Univ High. Homes look more expensive here though.
Kurt, , Anaheim Hlls, Anaheim, CA
Mon Nov 19, 2007
Hi Paul,

I am a local Realtor specializing in Orange County real estate......

As Cindi ..below...points out...a buyer does NOT pay the cost for a Realtor to help find, advise, negotiate, and submit an offer on your behalf.....I'd love to help you.

As for the 2 Fwys that you mention...these are the 2 main arteries from OC to LA.....

I can find communities strategically located with quick freeway access......NOT all communities in OC are a quick jump onto the fwy.....some cities it may take 20-30 minutes in traffic JUST TO REACH THE FREEWAY!!!

When are you planning on moving??

I have an internet based homefinding system ....Email me and we can start a dialogue and come up with a serious business plan based on YOUR GOALS.

FRE PROPERTY SEARCHES AVAILABLE on my real estate blog, Terrra Firma @ http://www.ocdreammaker.blogspot.com
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Sun Nov 18, 2007
It all depends on whats important to you. Although I live in NorCal now, I used to live in Newport Beach and commute to LA. (I am very familiar with Irvine!) My advice is to detrmine what features in a home are most important to you, then search for comunities that are most desirbale to you. Work with a local Realtor to assist you. The seller pays their fee so it costs you nothing. Good luck! It's a great time to buy.
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com