Question removed

Asked by Pat Broe, New York, NY Tue Nov 6, 2007

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

2
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Wed Nov 7, 2007
Pat,
You seem to have had your eye on this property for a while since you began asking about it a few months back. I assume you have been in it. Perhaps not. Are you working w/ that agent? Our National Association of Realtors Code of Ethics, as well as my personal code of ethics guide me to respect the existing relationships between Realtors and their clients. When a poster comes to Trulia and asks a generic question, I am happy to respond. The nature of this question really is one that is explored between an active buyer and his/her agent. Diane is 100% correct in her answer. The offer and acceptance amount depend entirely upon the motivation of both the buyer and the seller. One seller might refuse to counter to a low offer, while another will enertain discussions. If I were your buyers agent, I would be contacting the sellers agent and finding out as much as I could so that the buyer (you) could make his/her decision based upon the most information available. The question you pose is one that we, as Realtors, frequently come across. My answer is a discussion with the buyer about their motivation level, the info received from the sellers agent, and a review of the comps that will be used to support the offer. If you have an agent, do pursue these discussions with your agent.
Regards
Deborah Madey - Broker
New Jersey
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Wed Nov 7, 2007
Pat, Do you have an agent working with you? He/she can give you market comps to help you make your offer. Once you have those comps, your agent has a justifiable reason to present your offer, however low it may be. Once you have those comps, you can take into account the fact that the house has been on the market for 145 days and see if that's an average amount of time on market, or longer/shorter than average. Your agent can call the other agent to see if there have been any offers on the home. Then, when you have all that information, you can come up with an offer of your own.

No one can tell you what a seller will accept for their homes. It all depends on their motivation and no one knows that other than the sellers and their agent. You have to make your offer and negotiate it to a price you want to pay or move onto the next home.
Web Reference:  http://www.dianeglander.com