Question removed

Asked by Cj, Dallas, TX Fri Apr 24, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
., , Lewisville, TX
Sat Apr 25, 2009
CJ, This question must have been removed and thus, my lengthy reply to you yesterday as well. However, In addition to what I said yesterday, I would add that I agree with Keith from California that one must be willing to pay what they believe is market value and then be willing to walk away. They have in short, seen your hand, know you own the land next to them, and are going for every dollar. If your suddenly not interested, let it sit, maybe even 6 months, they will be willing to negotiate, if your willing to lose it. If you want it at all cost, you will have to pay for it at all cost. Know that I offered my services to you. Good luck!
Nicole Arenas
nicolearenas@ymail.com
0 votes
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Fri Apr 24, 2009
CJ
You need to be prepared to walk away from every transaction, otherwise you have no leverage. It you really think they are jerking you around, cancel the transaction and let them cool their heels for a month or two. Many times when property is first listed sellers can be a little cocky.

The other tactic that might help you is if you are making an offer at a price that they don't like, have your Realtor prepare a short Market Analysis showing why the price you are offering is fair.
0 votes
Emmanuel Sca…, , Collin County, TX
Fri Apr 24, 2009
Hello CJ,

As soon as you offered $3500 they knew you were interested and started bumping the price. Unfortunately there is nothing basically illegal about it. If there were other circumstances you could potentially say they are trying to keep you away from the land.

The Texas Real Estate Commission handles all complaints about Real Estate Agents, Borkers, etc. Their WEB site with forms and instructions can be found at http://www.trec.state.tx.us/complaintsconsumer/default.asp.

At $3000/Acre you must not be looking at land in the immediate area around Dallas/Ft. Worth. Land has gone up quite a bit in the last few years. Depending on what you are planning to do with the land, and how close to DFW you want to be, I know of land out my way that has been on the market for quite some time. I'm not an agent or broker but can offer some suggestions. Drop me a line with what you are looking for and the purpose for it and possibly I can point you to some large and small tracts that can be used for just about anything from residential to industrial.

Good luck!

Emmanuel J. Scanlan
PS Inspection & Property Services LLC
http://www.psinspection.com
214-418-4366 (cell)
TREC License # 7593
International Code Council, Residential Combination Inspector #5247015-R5 (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing and Building)
Certified Level I Thermographer (ASNT-TC1A Standards)
Texas Residential Construction Commission, Third Party Warranty Inspector #1593
Texas Residential Construction Commission, Inspector, County Inspection Program
Texas Department Of Insurance, VIP Inspector # 08507061016
Hayman Residential Engineering Services, Field Technician
CMC Energy - Certified Energy Auditor

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!!
Web Reference:  http://www.psinspection.com
0 votes
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Fri Apr 24, 2009
CJ,

This situation likely has very little to do with the realtor, it is the owner who decides what price and offer to accept or reject.
Unfortunately you have to live with their decision.
Unfortunately there's no one really to report a crazy owner to, if they don't want to sell to you.

One thing you might try is have your Realtor make a written offer using a blind trust or corporate name.
That could work, but it might not if you are making a very similar offer to one you have already made.
What are the chances that a Corp or Trust wants to buy the very same piece of carve out that you want.

As a seller, I might not want to break up a portion of the property either. Maybe that lowers the value of the whole. Maybe the part you want is the best part. One thing you might do, is have your agent dicuss the issue with the other realtor. If the current seller doesn't want to sell a carve out, may be a buyer for the whole property might want to. No guarantee there, but that might benefit the new buyer.

Another option is for you to buy the entire property, then sell what you don't want?

There are always lots of different options. Ask your realtor to toss around some ideas with the seller's realtor and see if they can't come up with something creative that works for everyone.
0 votes
NonRealtor, , 23456
Fri Apr 24, 2009
Hi Cj,
Stick to your offer. If it doesn't work out, it wasn't meant to be. Move on to greener pastures. Good Luck
0 votes
Search Advice
Search
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more