Question removed

Asked by Rebecca Cleary, 80304 Fri Apr 10, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

3
David Baslaw, , Eugene, OR
Wed Apr 29, 2009
Wow...I just read the answer from "Pleasant Hill" and I can't disagree more! I think the hills are beautiful, and while there are a lot of deer, which can nibble everything in your yard that isn't "deer friendly" plants, the crime spree I've never witnessed or heard about. No one I know has been broken into, I never get any "Springfield stench" Have NEVER heard of cougars attacking cats in the Hendricks Park area...where are you getting this information??? Eugene is a lovely town with plenty of outside activities in the summer, and is a warm, friendly town with lots going on with the University, It's a great place to settle and raise kids or just live!
Pleasant Hill, , Pleasant Hill, OR
Mon Apr 13, 2009
it's worth while to review police reports for areas that interest you. There are some noise problems with Bands (and dogs -easily solved with a sonic gun). You'll want to know if you're looking at something in the middle of an all night party zone.
People who live in the friendly St and City view areas (SW Eugene) have told me it's fairly high crime -your house WILL be broken into. Just South of Amazon expressway is beautiful and 'in the hills'.
If you love to garden, there's many problematic clay areas in the SW hills so be aware of drainage issues even on a hill, and there's plenty of 'cute' but destructive deer also. another issue people don't mention is that ice can prevent you from leaving your house if it has an angled driveway, People on the hills miss days of work because they can't navigate their own driveways. Ferry St bridge area is a bit low, but probably has nice parts if you like flat land. Eugene receives to much of the Springfield lumber mill stench, even down towards the 5th street market which is a nice area but also has the loudest trains of any city I've been to. The hills around the campus are nice but abandoned cats are a problem, also cougars prey on the abandoned cats in the Hendricks park area. Eugene gets the Springfield mill town inversion at times and it's nasty. When the grass burn up north starts up around june/july the air is really really bad, hopefully grass burning will be fazed out soon.. about 20 minutes out of town is nice, it's a little sunnier and the air is clearer but it runs colder at night, It can take 20 minutes just to commute across town because of all the lights and it's more frustrating.
Kara Schmidt, Agent, Coburg, OR
Fri Apr 10, 2009
Rebecca,

How exciting for you both! You have made a wise decision to live in Eugene. We have a fantastic city that offers many fun, exciting and different events for it's diverse community members. As a native Oregonian and long-time resident of South Eugene, might I suggest South Eugene, Southwest Eugene, Ferry Street Bridge and N. Gilham as my top 4 choices. Each area is centrally located near events, parks, shopping and more. I would enjoy the opportunity to serve you and your partner further by getting to know you both better and understanding your wants and needs. Please feel free to contact me directly at KaraSchmidt@KW.com. Attached you will find a link to a wonderful Eugene website showing events, films, maps and more. I look forward to hearing from you!

Have a great weekend,

Kara Schmidt
Keller Willliams Realty Eugene & Springfield