Fiona Nicholl, Renter in Outside U.S.

relocating from uk.

Asked by Fiona Nicholl, Outside U.S. Wed Oct 24, 2012

Would like to rent near or around HBhigh school or marina for my 14 year old son.looking to rent from 20th december onwards ,can provide references ect, we have 2 well behaved dogs price range from 2,000 to 3,000 per month

Answers

6
Hi Fiona,
I have a couple of homes that will accept dogs and are near the areas you would like to be. One is available for $2500 per month and one is $3000 per month. Both are available for your move in day.
Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
yer can you please send me details and photos if possible .
Flag Mon Oct 29, 2012
Great you should start to see homes 30 days prior so you can get in There are not many homes for rent and many renters which is keeping the demand high. I suggest you get your renatl application and support documentation file ready so when you go to see homes you are ready and able to apply immediately. I have the forms under the Buyer & Seller Tab of my website at clickhomesnow.com
I hope this helps you.
Hi Fiona

My name is Aisha Williams, I too am British and from the UK and have been living in Orange County for the last 10yrs and loving every minute of it as I am sure you will too when you get here... In fact when I first came to the OC, (as they call it over here), I was initially located in the Huntington Beach area...

I am a Realtor that covers most of Southern California, but Orange County is my specialty.

There are a few factors to consider, but nothing too sincere
1) how many bedrooms are required
2) do you mind a house or condo type of dwelling
3) how much funds do you have in reserves, landlords will normally want a first and last month and a security deposit. So you will be looking at approx. $5000+ to put down on the property, plus a little extra to show you have money for the forthcoming months..
4) Landlords also ask to check your credit worthiness and if you have not established credit over here, then it would be a good idea to bring your credit report from the UK. Also if you already have employment over here, or are transferring within your company to a branch out here, then perhaps your employer can help with a letter of reference for the landlord
5) With regard to your dogs, each property is a little different, some will allow them and some wont... but its not too difficult to find ones that do...

Please feel free to contact me if you would like me to send you some properties for you to review, and would like to discuss further, that way you can be prepared before you get here...

Good Luck with your move

Thank you

email: Aisha.Williams313@gmail.com
Tel: 714 505 9139
please send me details of the homes to girvannicholl@hotmail.co.uk
Flag Mon Oct 29, 2012
HI

I am British, have lived in Orange County since 1986, and am a Realtor as well as running an animal rescue with my wife, so property and animals are not an unusual combination for me. I will be happy to help if you wish.

Will need more information from you but keep in mind whomever you use:

1) Most rentals that are advertised are looking for tenants to move in within a few weeks.
2) The landlord will usually want a month rent as security deposit, PLUS the first month rent, and a pet deposit, and often a key deposit. So you may well need to put down, on a $ 2500/month rent, $5500 or more and show at application that you have the means to do so and the means to pay the ongoing rent. This would normally entail pay stubs or tax returns. As you are moving from the UK, this may need to be proof of liquid funds to cover many months of the rent. How much depends on the landlords sensibilities.
3) Will you be able to see the places that are available? Are you making a viewing visit or will you need to rent "sight unseen"?
4) How large are the dogs. Landlords, as far as pets are concerned, fall into 3 categories: NO; maybe ; and yes. Most are maybe, and the decision often falls on how big are the dogs. 2 toy poodles often not a problem....2 Great Danes...very difficult.

If you want to discuss this more, email me on Russell@modjeskaranch.com

Russell Taylor
please send details of homes you have to girvannicholl@hotmail.co.uk
thanks
Flag Mon Oct 29, 2012
Hello Flora,

Yes, I can help you find a place to move into by december 20th. THere are a couple of properties i can send over to you to check out that will take pets. I can email you the application and what else you will need to qualify for leasing a place. Talk to you soon.

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
thanks
Flag Mon Oct 29, 2012
Hello Fiona,

Please feel free to email me at ocgroves@gmail.com or call me at 714.767.8158. There are two or three houses for rent allowing pets near Marina or HB High School at or under $2500 per month.

There are several possibilities for condos but the yards may be much smaller or have no yards at all.

Louri Groves
Prudential California Realty
thanks
Flag Mon Oct 29, 2012