recently purchased a condo, information was withheld on violations and condition of the property what legal rights do I have.

Asked by Alexander3375, Chicago, IL Sun May 5, 2013

Answers

12
Evelyn S. Fr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
Hi Alexander,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Best advise contact the attorney that helped you in the first place. If you didn't use an attorney (don't know why you wouldn't) contact a housing litigation attorney.

Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
Too many questions to ask YOU in order to find out all the circumstances in your case. But at the end it
is a matter to discuss and explore with an experienced Real Estate Attorney which I hope you used before you purchased the property. The conditions and terms of said purchase contract will actually guide the legal issues that may arise out of the purchase.

Did you have an inspection, did you ask for whether there are any building code violations or not, was it a direct sale, or a foreclosure etc. etc. you can see too many different sets of circumstances with different legal outcomes and solutions.

Contact your or any good real estate attorney to figure it out for you.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties Brokerage, 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Illinois 60093
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
check with your attorney as to the details of this. You do not give enough info in the question for anyone to give advice.
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Sun May 5, 2013
Did you use an attorney when purchasing? Contact him/her and have them pursue this case.
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Sun May 5, 2013
Did you have a property inspection before you closed escrow? Here in California it is a must do for buyers.

If you feel info was with held knowingly, you should consult an attorney ASAP.

I hope you are not speaking of health and safety issues.

I wish you the very best!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun May 5, 2013
what legal rights sounds like a legal question which should be able to be answered by an attorney
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun May 5, 2013
I would speak to the attorney that helped you close on it. they should be able to help out.
Dirk Gould, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun May 5, 2013
Either I can help you myself or refer you to one of my trusted colleagues. Your likelihood of success really depends on the facts and your willingness to pursue this matter in court.
Mark Malave, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun May 5, 2013
This is a legal question. Read your contract and talk to an attorney. Good Luck.
Web Reference:  http://Www.markmalave.com
Jeff Nobleza, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun May 5, 2013
Call Erik Miles at 312 854 8082. He is a real estate attorney that can help you if you have case.
Santiago Ken…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun May 5, 2013
Contact with an attorney ...
Steve Parsons, Agent, Salisbury, MD
Sun May 5, 2013
A REALTOR cannot give legal advice unless they are a licensed attorney. My advice would be to contact an attorney to see what rights you do have.