property tax rate zip 78759

Asked by Duncannickle, Austin, TX Sun Jun 2, 2013

Answers

5
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Here is an example of how the tax rates can make a difference. My home in Great Hills is now valued at $400K, its taxed at 2.36% for 2012 taxes of $9800. If you take that same price home in a different neighborhood in the same zip code that has a tax rate of 2.15% the taxes drop to only $8200. Remember things like Homestead Exemptions and Over 65 Exemptions can help drop your tax rate a bit.
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Jun 4, 2013
The tax rates are not mapped out by zip codes. Can you tell us the neighborhood your interested in? That would help us to determine what the tax rate is for that specific area. 78759 covers a lot of ground and numerous neighborhoods. So the tax rates vary from about 2.00% up to 2.65% so that is a pretty wide range. Help us to help you obtain the answers you seek.
Cheers,
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Below answer are all correct. Zip codes vary within specific zip codes and counties. This is usually caused by the amenities available in that area. You can look up this data online at the county website for a specific property or as agents we have that information in our MLS data.

Hope this helps.

_____________________________________________________
Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
Web Reference:  http://www.AustinListed.com
JOSEPH E JAR…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Jun 2, 2013
The property tax rate varies and is not set for one particular ZIP Code. For example one property might be in one county and another property might be in another county although they are both in the same ZIP Code. Some properties are even paying taxes to more than one county.

If you're looking for the tax rate on a specific property, feel free to contact me and I will look that particular property up for you. If you're in the market purchase a home, I represent buyers at no cost to you and I'm one of the top agents in Austin and specialize in Buyer Representation, Negotiations, and all things Residential.

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012) Call 512-261-4415
James O'Donn…, , Austin, TX
Sun Jun 2, 2013
The tax rate does not correspond to precisely to zip code. Of those properties currently for sale in the 78759 zip code the tax rate varies from 2.0012 to 2.6444. This zip code includes properties in Travis and Williamson counties and in Austin and Round Rock ISDs. It would take a fair amount of research, but if it would really be useful to you we could determine the complete range of tax rates, but I suspect that the range represented by the properties currently for sale might be close to the full range.