Home Buying in Everett>Question Details

Jimmyc713, Home Owner in Everett, MA

property at 19 elsie st listed for 265K if someone offered cash to buy it what would be a good offer start at

Asked by Jimmyc713, Everett, MA Thu Jul 28, 2011

Since everyone is too busy pitching their service I will answer your question:
Yes, cash offers are always stronger than those contingent on financing especially in today's lending market. It allows you to close within weeks versus months and as the seller there is much less risk. This should give you the competitive advantage when negotiating.

19 Elsie looks nicely done. It appears to be a foreclosure flip project (bought from the bank in December and renovated to flip for profit) This means you will be negotiating with a veteran "buyer" / owner so the cash purchase will look doubly good to them. Flippers/Investors want to get out of every project quickly to reinvest the profit into their next project.

Hope that helps! If you want to make an offer through my company feel free to contact us ... On this property you are looking at a couple hundred dollar cash rebate after closing! :)

Web Reference: http://territory.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 2, 2011
Hello Jimmyc713,

As a cash buyer I would first advise you to stop wasting your time blogging for information and hire a certified
agent to assist with your investment objective. Are you buying for "Cash Flow" or "Appreciation"
I have CDPE Distressed Property Expert and CIAS Certified Investment Property credentials.
Before you invest your cash, invest 30 minutes in my office.
Web Reference: http://www.propertyplus.us
Hi Jimmy,
I am working in this area and would be glad to show this property to you as well as similar ones. Then we can talk about recently sold in area and come up with a reasonable offer. As Yannis mentioned earlier, the owner bought it in Oct 2010 when it was bank owned and made some updates.
Let me know if I can be any help.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Jimmy not to sound like a broken record but you really need a buyers agentto walk the property with you and provide you with local comps.
Hi Jimmy,

It's hard to say sight unseen... does this property have any updates, etc? If you would like someone to represent you as a buyer's agent there is no cost to you the buyer. I live right in Stoneham (work in Winchester) so I would be more than happy to handle any negotiations for you, etc.

Feel free to contact me with any questions...

Kind Regards,

Web Reference: http://www.homesbysolio.com
It was bought last December for $105,000 cash, also the MLS is an entry listing only. I had been in this property
last November. I hope above are helpful, if you need more info you could contact me via my email. Or you could hire a Buyer's agent.