Home Buying in Escondido>Question Details

Ashot Zakhar…, Home Buyer in Escondido, CA

problem , i have $400000 loan approve , can't buy house in east grove , escondido CA what the .................. ?

Asked by Ashot Zakharian, Escondido, CA Thu Jan 31, 2013

In most areas, you are still competing with investors (with cash offers) and buyers with cash whose offers were submitted before yours or are given priortity. Perhaps, the offers need to be structured with more appeal. If you are an investor, in a "first look" listing, investors' offers are considered last.

If you are working with an agent, re-evaluate your offers. If you are not working with an agent, you should consider it if you are truly motivated to buy a house.

Caveat: Most buyers believe that working with the listing agent will give them a better deal. Not always true.

I've been on both sides of a transaction, as a listing agent and as the selling agent (aka buyer's agent). In theory, as a listing agent, if we "double end the deal" we are supposed to earn more money, but in practice/reality, this is not always true. There could be a different pay arrangement for the listing agent to "double end the deal" and that could mean more work for the listing agent and less pay. Ultimately, the listing agent's duty is to the seller, so you might end up wondering if everything was really separated and if there was any type of system in place to make sure representation was complete.

Suggestion: Choose and work with a qualified agent you can trust and depend on to return your calls, text messages, emails, etc., in a timely manner. Note that I wrote "qualified". "Qualified" to understand your areas of interest, the type of property you want and be able to keep your interests a priority. However, that is not to say, go and "work with" a bunch of agents and be loyal to none. That is a huge negative for you because agents work on commission only and they've expended their time and resources for you. The best thing to do is interview and find one you are comfortable with and go from there.
Hi Ashot,
I currently live in East Grove, I am very educated in this area and I also know it appears there is a lot for sale in this area however most of the homes are in escrow but still have signs up. I have a few neighbors that are thinking of selling soon, and one that is selling privately. Email me at Krystal@sdhomes.com and we can chat about what you are looking for. It is a great area of Escondido.
I saw a few too but figured it wasn't what he was looking for...
I see a few home in that area for sale. What are you looking for?

Local Help with Your Real Estate Needs

Jerry Heard
Your Broker
The San Diego Property Shop
Direct 619-920-9796
Office 619-269-5545
Fax 619-269-9168
CA DRE # 00648687
Buying a home right now is not like going to a car lot and saying, "I want the blue one with the tan interior right there." Now more than ever, a good agent is the solution to your problem. A bad agent just makes your problem worse!

An agent who will work hard for you will and is willing to hit the community you like and go to each homeowner directly to see if they are thinking of selling is the sure bet. Waiting for something to show up on the MLS is not the formula for the quickest success. Contact me and we can put together a plan for you and get it done.

CA DRE 01775528
Quality Service Beyond Comparison
(760) 525-8698
Hook up with a local agent that knows what you are seeking and watches the market everyday. Be ready to see property and make an offer the first day on the market.
Hi Ashot,
I assume you can't buy because nothing is currently available? I see some that are on the market. Message me directly, I can set up a search that will let us know ASAP when a home in East Grove comes on the market and I can send you the ones that are currently available. It doesn't seem that price range is the issue....

Sinead McAllister
McAllister Homes Real Estate