price per square foot of residential homes sold in 78259 zip code?

Asked by Salem Kallel, San Antonio, TX Thu May 15, 2008

Answers

4
Jana Halvers…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jan 27, 2010
If you are looking for value much like appraisers will, you will look at comparables that have sold in the neighborhood in the last 6 months with more weight on the ones sold in the last 3 months. When you ask about price per square foot you are asking a very vague question because there are so many variables. Each neighborhood is different. You will usually see 1 story homes and smaller homes with a slightly higher price/square foot. For that very reason you will see appraisers compare 1 story to 1 story and 2 story to 2 story homes. Hope this helps.
Web Reference:  http://www.janahalverson.com
Jim Johnson, , 78233
Fri May 16, 2008
$72-$100+--1 or 2 story? 2, 3, 4 or 5 BR, 1, 2, 2.5 or more baths? Pool or no pool? Other features, upgrades or amenities? Which development?

You really should rethink your approach, and retain a buyer's agent. An agent who served you would also be able to advise you about negotiating strategies and many other factors that you may not be aware of or consider.
Jason Campbe…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Feb 10, 2011
Though there is some great advice below... I will just simply give you the answer to your question directly:

List Price Sold Price SqFt Days on Market
Average $227,039 $221,194 2535 82

The average price per square foot that SOLD in the past 12 months was: $87.26 per square foot

That is for that zip code.

Now.. if you would like me to be much more specific... tell me what neighborhood you would like stats for.. and I will be more than happy to prove you the info you seek.

Jason Campbell
Realtor / Loan Officer
(210) 389-5266
Mark Chovan, , Frisco, TX
Fri May 16, 2008
Hi Salem,
I agree the best approach when considering an area to acquire real estate is to get with a Realtor. We can provide you with allot of market information, and evaluation reports. You can use my web site to search the MLS at no cost.
Web Reference:  http://www.bigdrelo.com