cpizzelli, Other/Just Looking in Hingham, MA

previous owners

Asked by cpizzelli, Hingham, MA Sun Jan 13, 2013

deaths in the home

Answers

6
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Tue Jan 29, 2013
For the previous owners, you can search the registry of deeds for information if you know how and have the time.
If there is a death certificate filed there for an estate sale, it may indicate the place of death.
I would contact a local real estate professional to save time and money.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Darlene Hadf…, Agent, Hingham, MA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
I see that you are from Hingham. I am a real estate agent at the Coldwell Banker in
Hingham Square.
Here are some interesting Hingham statistics for 2012 -
My Coldwell Banker office has 45.6% of Hingham's market
share. The Average Median price is up 5% to $665,500, and the Average Sales Price
is up 8% to $763,288.
Call me if you are looking to Sell or Buy a home.
I'll be happy to help you.
Darlene Hadfield
Darlene.hadfield@nemoves.com
1-781-690-2926
Darlene Hadf…, Agent, Hingham, MA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Here is the Masschusetts General Law Chapter 93, Section 114 in regards to diclosing a death:.

"The fact or suspicion that real property may be or is psychologically impacted shall not be deemed to be a material fact required to be disclosed in a real estate transaction. “Psychologically impacted” shall mean an impact being the result of facts or suspicions including, but not limited to, the following:

(a) that an occupant of real property is now or has been suspected to be infected with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus or with Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or any other disease which reasonable medical evidence suggests to be highly unlikely to be transmitted through the occupying of a dwelling;

(b) that the real property was the site of a felony, suicide or homicide; and

(c) that the real property has been the site of an alleged parapsychological or supernatural phenomenon.

No cause of action shall arise or be maintained against a seller or lessor of real property or a real estate broker or salesman, by statute or at common law, for failure to disclose to a buyer or tenant that the real property is or was psychologically impacted.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, the provisions of this section shall not authorize a seller, lessor or real estate broker or salesman to make a misrepresentation of fact or false statement."

If this does answer your question, please let me know.
Darlene Hadf…, Agent, Hingham, MA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Another important fact is that years ago most people were born and died in their home.
Bill Tierney, Agent, Cohasset, MA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
If there was a death in a home it should be disclosed. However your question does really get to what you are asking.
Greer Swiston, Agent, Newton, MA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Pardon, but did you have a question? Are you trying to sell your home?