pre approved first time buyer homes are selling before my agent can get me an appt to view how can I compete.

Asked by christina.abeyta, Lewisville, TX Wed Jan 30, 2013

Answers

10
Elizabeth Mo…, Agent, McKinney Tx, TX
Wed Jan 30, 2013
You will find the home that is meant for you! Communicate with your Realtor & be patient.
Shanna Rogers, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Hi Christina,

If you can't see them before an offer is accepted, you could try submitting offers "subject to interior inspection". However, if the seller receives offers without that contingency, you may still not get accepted. Also, if your Realtor lets you know the seller has accepted an offer, have your Realtor ask the listing agent if the seller is accepting backup offers and if they are, are they still showing the property. Sometimes it's the 2nd or 3rd buyer (backup offers) that actually gets the house.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
Jason Todd, Agent, Frisco, TX
Tue Oct 15, 2013
A pre-approval letter and a Realtor that moves fast are the keys.

Jason Todd

JToddRealty@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://ToddHomesForSale.com
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sat Jul 20, 2013
Always get pre-approved from a lender even before viewing any properties so you can compete with the other buyer. Sellers won't even look at your offer without a pre-approval letter from a lender.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
John Lyng, , Dallas, TX
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Christina,

Many agents have been saying that there is short inventory right now. Make sure that you are pre-approved so you can jump when you find an opportunity.

I'd expect more listings coming online soon as the spring is just down the road.

John Lyng
Mortgage Counselor-NMLS 280951
JLyng@naca.com
Zachary Hatl…, Agent, Arlington, TX
Wed Jan 30, 2013
In regards to working with a first-time homebuyer I would definitely say communication is the key factor you need,having daily communication with your realtor. DFW market is definitely a hot market for first-time homebuyers and I suggest that you be ready to write an offer when you find that home that you definitely want, don’t wait around.
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Wed Jan 30, 2013
It is tough....look daily not just on the weekends.
Set up a search to alert you to the best new listings daily.
Be ready to roll....have your basic contract in hand and ready to sign with checks ready.

If your agent can't do this and you haven't signed anything let us know.....we are here to assist you.
I look daily on a couple different real estate sites for new MLS each morning. In the last instance i found the home i was interested in at 10am the day it was listed contacted my agent she set me an apt at 3pm sellers canceled appt couldnt get back in until 1 the following day and it went under contract at 10am i missed it by 3 hours. Am I using the right tools for my search? Im curious to know how they found buyers in less than 24 hours. Im trying to be patient I just hope I'm not missing out because my agent is too busy with other clients.
Flag Wed Jan 30, 2013
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Real estate search almost a full time job ... till you have the keys in your hands. Also depends on Realtor make easy with securing the home you like.

Good luck - Dallas is a "hot market" currently for home sales.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor

Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Christine S…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Hi Christina. You may want to talk to our Realtor about looking at the home first snce it sounds like your time is hard to spare. Maybe your realtor should go look as soon at it is on the market while you may be at work. If Realtor thinks its the home for you go see it that evening. The market is hot right now and it is truly a sellers market
Kerri Horan-…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jan 30, 2013
It sounds like you also need to get to them faster. The second offer idea is a good one. I work primarily in the Lewisville area and when i have a buyer like you who keeps losing potential properties, I will actually go see the houses for you while you are at work and let you if its one you need to get out and see asap. We are seeing more and more multiple offer situations, so be prepared to nake your first offer your highest and best. Give me a call if you have any questions.

Kerri Soderberg
214-991-1461
I am watching the MLS online first thing each morning and throughout the day with a couple different Realtor agencies (Fathom Realty and Remax) So I can see when they are on the market the most recent instance I found the home at 10am that morning I called my agent to set me up an appt which she did but not until 3pm that evening then the seller canceled the appt she got me in the next day but not until 1pm and it contracted out at 10am with two back up offers I missed it by hours. I think you are correct if my agent was able to view the home for me while Im at work I think she may have too many other clients.
Flag Wed Jan 30, 2013