ok where do i start? won a bid on a hud home in texas but they wont allow me to turn water on. their inspector said he could not get a good psi test

Asked by paul2982, 76028 Fri Dec 28, 2012

but he never turned on the water or the electric so how did he do a inspection?
i am lic inspector and know better. it going into our 12th day to buy right in the middle on the christmas holidays. i have done whatever inspection i could without utilities on, not sure if i should walk i love this house. was a builder with connection on getting it repaired, but at what cost or headaches do i walk (help!!!)
paul2982@yahoo.com

Answers

2
Jolene Clarke, Agent, Burleson, TX
Fri Dec 28, 2012
It's a personal decision when to walk. For the issues that you know exist you should get estimate for the repairs. You can have the electric turned on at your own expense, but would be difficult to do in this timeframe.

The HUD inspection will use generators for all electrically test. If they are refusing for you to turn on the water then they have determined a water issue that could be a leak.

If you have more questions, feel free to contact me.

Jolene Clarke 8172664959
Sandy Chenau…, Agent, Burleson, TX
Mon Dec 31, 2012
Hi Paul
Most of the HUD homes I've sold this way have turned out to be okay but I have heard a few stories that did not turn out so well.
HUD does make it's own rules and if they say no that is pretty much your answer.
Look closely at the price you are paying to see if repairing or replacing plumbing would be worthwhile at that price. Make your decision accordingly.
If I can help further you may contact me at:

Sandy Chenault
817 966-8351
sandychenault@kw.com

Let me know how it goes!