Hy Park, Home Buyer in California

offer price in katy

Asked by Hy Park, California Mon Mar 3, 2008

Hello

I am going to move to KATY soon... Ususaly, how much percentage of listing prices can I offer in KATY, TX at the moment ?

Answers

5
Ron Tarvin, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Apr 1, 2008
Your real estate professional is the best source to understand the market pricing in any particular area. There are some sites out there that people feel are accurate to help identify prices and potential offer prices on properties but most are significantly off. You can vist the Harris County Appraisal District and see the assessed values, but remember that those values are TAX values and people often fight the value (wanting to LOWER the value ) to lower their taxes...that site tends to be LOW on actual property values. Another popular site is Zillow, but they just don't have accurate information and I've seen prices on there run $40,000 high to $30,000 low...just not reliable.

One way you can investigate the property values, in real time, instantly is through our website market snapshot. This is automated and pulls all the values around a particular address so that you can actually see what is being offered for sale and what is being sold. Follow the link below directly to the instant market snapshot and get the values you are looking for!
Jeffrey DiMu…, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Sat Mar 22, 2008
If a home is priced correctly they sell for between 97 and 98% of list price....here is when you need a good Realtor to make sure the home is priced as it should be...and you need to make sure it is in the condition it appears to the eye (a good inspection should tell you the answer).
Deborah Cole, , Katy, TX
Wed Mar 12, 2008
Katy is a very large community so it all depends on the subdivision and age of the home. Just to give you a ball park it is usually around 2.5%-3% of list price.
Web Reference:  http://katysignature.com
Dave Turnqui…, Agent, La Porte, TX
Tue Mar 11, 2008
Looking at the SOLDS on MLS, the "average" is about 1.5% below list price. Keep in mind that some homes sell for more than list price if the seller is contributing towards the buyer's closing costs (very common). It also depends on the neighborhood, days on market for each house, etc.
Jeff Kessler, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Mar 3, 2008
Really depends on the subdivision and how old it is. Texas on a whole has continue to go up. If you are looking in a lower price range there are a lot of people out there still looking. As you go up the inventory gets larger as people are staying put for awhile,
If you are looking for a brand new home let me know I can help.
J.