north caldwell schools and safety

Asked by Festivus, Bridgewater, NJ Fri Oct 29, 2010

hello Trulia community! How is the North Caldwell school system? i've heard good things about the elementary school because it's specific to north caldwell. Have heard some bad things about the junior and high school system (since it's a 4 district school). I've heard about bullying, teen pregnancy and teen violence in both junior high and high school.

also, I've heard there have been a lot of burglaries in north caldwell lately (newark junkies) coming by and helping themselves. any information you can give me will help.

Answers

4
Judith Amorim…, Agent, Caldwell, ID
Sun Aug 26, 2012
The established community of North Caldwell, NJ is just 17 miles from mid town Manhattan, the township provides exceptional education, recreation, community and saftey. Ranking Top 20 within the state; the Borough of North Caldwell provides Public Pre K to 6th grade schooling with a regional 7th to 12th grade middle/high school which ranked 16 in the state.

Please visit my website http://www.judithamorimdias.com and contact me directly (973-444-5643). There are a number of resident families which work in Manhattan and live in the North Caldwell community. With a number of nearby Midtown direct express buses and trains, local residents attest to the quality, happiness, privacy and comfort in their selection of home in North Caldwell, NJ.

Kind regards,

Judith Amorim Dias
NJ Licensed Real Estate Agent

Prudential New Jersey Properties
50 E. Mt. Pleasant Avenue, Livingston, NJ 07039 &
14 Forest Avenue, Caldwell, NJ 07006

Mobile: 973-444-5643
WEB: http://www.JudithAmorimDias.com
Email: Judith.Dias@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Jenet Levy, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Nov 2, 2010
Festivus,
Love the Seinfeld reference. These are actually not things real estate agents are allowed to answer by law. For crime, you can check with th local precinct. For schools, there are ways to check online of both parent ratings and input as well as the official school district info.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Oct 29, 2010
If you are concerned about area/school safety, do consider contacting the local police department with all your questions, they'll gladly answer any questions you may have and you will have heard all there is to hear firsthand. In addition, do consider visiting the school district(s), ask for a tour of the facility, speak to the superintendent, principal, teachers, etc., and ask all your questions--then make a determination as to where your comfort level can best be reached.
Chris Arnt, , Ridgewood, NJ
Fri Oct 29, 2010
Wow! Everything is relative, so compared with some schools systems they are great, compared to others they are not so great. It is really up to you if they are to your standards.
The facts are as you put them and I think you already can see the answer to your question.

As far as junkies coming from Newark and robbing North Caldwell homes left and right.... most true junkies don't have cars and don't make it far out of their neighborhoods. Crime rates and their type are listed on many city data sites.