negotiating for the price

Asked by yelqqf, Urbana, IL Wed Jul 18, 2012

according to the trulia website, I have seen some people bought the properties with 10000, 12000$ during the year of 2004-2006. They are selling them right now for like 5 times higher. I can't help but wondering if I can negotiations for the price that's close to the price that's first sold.
thanks

Answers

3
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Oct 26, 2013
yel...

2004 was a different "life time" in terms of real estate and the market was flooded with foreclosures that were increasing daily. The economy was in the "crapper" and many people were struggling just to survive.

You can negotiate any way you wish....but understand that these homes that seemed to be being given away are now supported by a different RE market and economy. With this said, if you can't make an offer that is supported by comparison information you just may be wasting your time.

Just keeping it real....

Cindy Yim, Agent, CHAMPAIGN, IL
Sat Oct 26, 2013
Everything is flexible and the price is negotiable all the time
but you may leave that on the hands of Realtor who specialize
in this field since he/she will give you lots of other information/facts
to consider it.
Jennifer McL…, Agent, Champaign, IL
Wed Jul 18, 2012
Consult with your Realtor, they will be able to help guide you through the process of negotiations and be able to educate you on statistical information to support the offer.
thanks
Flag Wed Jul 18, 2012