Vallepeterc, Renter in Tukwila, WA

need info about downpayment programs, for single parents

Asked by Vallepeterc, Tukwila, WA Fri Nov 12, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jennifer Oha…, Agent, Bothell, WA
Fri Nov 12, 2010

My recommendation would be the same as Linus'. The Washington State Housing Finance Commission's State Bond program has been the only program that I have had clients use to still obtain 100% financing today. You will be required to participate in a day long Homebuyer class and receive a certificate in order to qualify for the program - a small price to pay for being able to receive funding for the downpayment. Since I have been certified to teach the classes for the WSHFC, I have not seen any programs specific to to single parents but rather you will qualify based on your income level, geographic area, current home ownership status, ect.,.

The loan officer my clients have been using to get the downpayment assistance through the WSHFC is Scott Estes with Cobalt Mortgage. 425-891-8260. He is also certified with the WSHFC and can direct you through the process. It's a very complicated process for the loan officer so you have to make sure you use a loan officer who is not only certified, but truly has experience with the program. This is who I would recommend.

ps- I like that you're buying in Tukwila. I think the area is under -appreciated and here are some amazing little neighborhoods in that area. In fact I just had a client buy a mini farm in Tukwila! Who knew? !

God luck
Web Reference:
1 vote
Jirius Isaac, Agent, Kenmore, WA
Mon Nov 15, 2010

Jennifer said it right. I would contact the lender she recommended & see how he can help you out. If he does not work out for you, let me know & I will recommend someone else for you. Good luck in your home search. This is a great time to buy.
0 votes
Tonya Brobeck, , Everett, WA
Fri Nov 12, 2010
Hey Claudia I know a lot of lenders in the area and give you a referral anytime. They can tell you details about the state bond progams, FHA, USDA and other programs you could be eligible for. Feel free to contact me.
0 votes
Linus Toy, , Mercer Island, WA
Fri Nov 12, 2010
By downpayment programs, I assume you mean downpayment assistance? If so, check out the Washington State Housing Finance Commission's pages on Home Ownership as well as Downpayment Assistance (link below).

However, work with a good lender/mortgage broker to see if using one of these programs makes sense for your situation--there may be strings attached to the various programs that may restrict what you can do in the future.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more