my wife is a mexican national unable to travel to u. s. at this time how do i put her on deed

Asked by Tom, Lake Worth, FL Thu Jul 26, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Jul 26, 2012
you need to talk with a CPA and or attorney who deals with foreign nationals. No way anyone on this forum could give you adequate advise
0 votes
Leslie Hamil…, Agent, Delray Beach, FL
Thu Jul 26, 2012
You need to be careful on this issue. Foreign ownership can cause all sorts of income tax issues with IRs and non citizen spouse are at a disadvantage when it comes to taxation of an estate whihc includes US property. the best thing for you to do is to get some advice from a legal expert that is used to dealing with foreign nationals. realtors do not have the expertise and should npt be advising you on this issue. Your title company may be able to tell you how to atke title on a property but they are not specialists in international taxation and estate planning.

Leslie Hamilton
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Lake Worth Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more