my husband and i are planning to buy a new unbuilt homes in clovis 93730, the tapestry homes for 440,000.

Asked by May, 93720 Wed Mar 5, 2008

it is a very high price but we love it. we ask if the price is negiotable but they say no. is that true??

Answers

2
Nathan, Home Buyer, Fresno, CA
Sat Mar 8, 2008
Do not pay the asking price? Do you know how many homes are for sale in the Fresno & Clovis area right now? We have around 15 months worth of inventory right now on the open market and we have fewer buyers who can qualify for a mortgage because banks & mortgage companies are tightening there lending standards every month. Foreclosures are surging to new all time records every month so if you pay market value today then you are going to way under water in two or three years when this market finally bottoms out. Banks are going to continue slashing prices to unload all of there inventory so I would make an offer 15-20% less than the current market value. This is a buyers market we are in today so you should be calling the shots on the terms, conditions and price of the house for sale not the seller? If the seller is not flexible with the price move on to another home because they are pleny of desparate, motivated sellers who have to sell in today's market. How big is this home you are interested in?
Bryan R. Lov…, , Lynnwood, WA
Wed Mar 5, 2008
First off let me state, I don’t know Clovis but price is almost always negotiable. Get a good agent on your side NOT at the new construction site. Talk with an agent who knows the local market there. Then tell them where you want to buy. With your agent, go back and make the offer. New construction always will state the price is not negotiable. Usually though, unless the market is just selling fast, they will negotiate.

Again, the key to succeeding in a lower price with a new plat is to have an experienced agent who knows the market. They can only help.

Hope this helps in some way.
Web Reference:  http://www.homelantern.com