my husband and I filed chapter 7, not including a home though, will we still be able to get a mortgage o

Asked by Df3706, Cuero, TX Sat Jun 30, 2012

our bankruptcy did not include a home just bills

Answers

6
Amanda P. He…, Agent, Bulverde, TX
Sat Jun 30, 2012
How long ago did you file the Chapter 7 (recorded date)?
we filed in 11/11 it was discharged 12/28/11
Flag Sun Jul 1, 2012
, ,
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Fha will accept a borrower 2 years past the discharge. But we still watch the credit scores, and no late pays post bk. You might need to re-establish new good credit. Please work with a licensed loan officer to help guide you.
Barbara Coker
#228545
Licensed Loan Officer
Dee Sanchez, , Texas
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Hello, You asked a great question. Yes, It's very possible that a bank could qualify you, usually two years after bankruptcy discharge. Keep in mind, no late payments on any current credit if you're trying to establish a good credit rating. I suggest you talk with a licensed loan officer.

Hope that helps!

Laura S
Diana Ayala, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Hi:

The best thing for you is to talk with a Loan Officer. I will be glad to assist you on that and we can get an answer to your Question. They will guide you and answer all your questions... Thanks Diana 210-392-3386
, ,
Sat Jun 30, 2012
When did you file?
Is it discharged?
You cannot buy until 2yrs post bk discharge..... with few exceptions
Mike Veith, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sat Jun 30, 2012
You need to speak with the right mortgage lender, who can go over your options, some of which may be down the road. Don't be afraid of rejection, ask a lot of questions, and ask for help in achieving your home purchase goals. I can recommend several, but you only need one: Sean O'Donnell, Patriot Bank Mortgage, Senior Loan Officer, 210-860-7783. He is phenomenal, honest, knowledgeable and should be helpful. Best of luck to you and your family.

Mike