Home Buying in Dayton>Question Details

karengiles06, Home Buyer in Dayton, OH

my credit score is bad and I am also planning on leaving my husband after 7 yrs. of marriage. I would like to try a rent to own house first.

Asked by karengiles06, Dayton, OH Wed Jul 17, 2013

Be very careful when doing a rent to own or land contract. These are almost always written in favor of the seller not the buyer. My suggestion would be to have an attorney look it over before you sign.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 24, 2013
Watch the terms of the lease purchase or land contract very close. Most of the time it is written to the favor of the seller not the buyer. I would advise you to have an attorney go over any contract before you sign any. Ask a lot of questions and beware. Never sign anything like that with out consulting an attorney. God bless and good luck. I know what you are going through as someone that was once in your shoes, if you leave do not be bitter use everything that happened as a learning experience and keep going forward and do not look back. My email address is twestfall619@gmail.com if you need some sources to be able to make it on your own. There are people out there that are willing to help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 17, 2013

A rent to own may work well for you. It really depends on where your credit score is, your income source, and what you are trying to accomplish short and long term.

I have a couple homes available rent to own, or I can connect you with others who do. To work on your credit for the future purchase, contact Matt Helpling at Rapid Mortgage. http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Real_Estate_Pro-Ohio-88… Tell him I said "Hi"
The best choice for you is to work with a lender who can ensure you stay on the right track with building your credit up, do a rent to own so that you can have stability in having the home you want to purchase when you are in better position. Good luck, life changes don't have to mean you are out of options!