my credit and my husbands is 550 each can I get financed for 110 thousand?

Asked by Cdinges, Luray, VA Wed Jun 10, 2009

we are looking at a house our dream house for 110 thousand can we get financed for it

Answers

3
Luke Allison’s answer
Luke Allison, , Asheville, NC
Wed Jun 10, 2009
I don't need a minimum credit score to qualify you for an FHA loan, but just note that anything under a 580 is very difficult these days. You are welcome to contact me and I will walk you through the process.

Luke Allison
Bank of America Home Loans
828-777-8828
luke.allison@bankofamerica.com
Lindsey M. B…, , Ohio
Wed Jun 10, 2009
Due to current market conditions most lenders are requiring a 620 middle credit score or higher for all borrowers for a FHA loan. FHA loans require a minimum down payment of 3.5% unless you qualify for USDA which can give you 100% financing. USDA still requires a 620 middle credit score.

When is the last time you had your credit pulled? I can always pull your credit and see where your middle scores are appearing at and see what we can do to improve your scores and get you pre-approved for a mortgage loan.

Good Luck,

Lindsey :-)
Dana Schuster, Agent, Slidell, LA
Wed Jun 10, 2009
In this market you need a minimum 620 for FHA with 3.5% down. However you might be able to get financed through USDA/RD for rural areas. this is 100% financing and the credit requirements are somewhat less stringent. if your income does not exceed a certain level and the price of the house does not exceed the loan limits,this might be an option. Consult a local agent or lender.