mortgage questions

Asked by sworm76, Waterford, MI Fri Mar 29, 2013

I am looking for a lender in or around indian River Michigan. I do have 2 judgements on my credit. One will be payed off and the other, which is a hospital bill will be payed down to around $900, they garnished my state tax return, I am just waiting for state to send the funds to them. Do I need to pay off the remaining balance to get a mortgage? Anyone in my area that can help me? I can't seem to get any real answers from anyone, please help!

Answers

2
Jimmy Hill’s answer
Jimmy Hill, , Westland, MI
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Judgments must be paid off unless you have an established payment arrangement with the creditor. In your case it doesn't appear that you do. Pay it off and get a copy of the release of judgment. Indian River is eligible for USDA funds, so you can do zero down(assuming you qualify).
A. Edwards, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Bingham Farms, MI
Sun Mar 31, 2013
All judgments must be either paid in full or be on a payment arrangement with 12 months consecutive payments having been made.